Together but not Together

You know that feeling when you know that falling for that one person who won't fall for you ever and yet you end up falling for that person. Makes no sense right?

I and Hyejin been bestest friends since high school. We shared lot of moments together that sometime we wonder at how old those memories are. I have always been open about being a lesbian to her and she never judged me or even forced me to confess my identity. Yet she knew that i do hang on the other side. I felt lucky actually that my bestie waited until i felt like coming out to her. She was considerate and cool since we had that conversation. We even shuffled around some right and left swipes for me together. More like she chose whom i should swipe right. But little did I knew that i had no interest in those tinder profiles. I thought maybe it's because i couldn't find someone my type. Although even if i did found them i got uninterested eventually.

I still remember that day when i realized that problem isn't about finding right one but is having the right one beside me and i couldn't figure it out.

The day I realized...

Me and hyejin were window shopping in the mall. Where i was just being a bag handler for her off course. She was busy doing her shopping and i was busy with looking at the girls around me. I was pointing one by one to her and she was scoring them out of 10 which is our usual little game we play all the time.

"She is okay.. but not your type wheei-nah"

She said as i point the girl behind us in hoodie and ripped jeans.

"But i think i should go and talk to her, don't you think?"

I said back

"Oh my god.. You are finally taking a step ahead than just looking i'm impressed!"

She exaggerate her words and i just rolled my eyes.

But before i could say anything, That girl came towards us. and stopped right in front of
me.

"Hey, I was just wondering, have we met before?"

She said while removing her mask. And i did recognize her.

"Moonbyul unnie? Whoaa It's been so long i haven't seen you"
I shouted and hugged her tightly which made her chuckled

"You haven't changed a bit wheepup"

and there she revealed the most cringe nickname i have ever had to none other than my devil friend. Who was actually looking at me like it will irritate me for whole month.

"Unnieee.. You shouldn't call me that now. You see i'm mature now."
I said covering the damage.

"Anyway this hyejin my best friend and hyejin this is moonbyul unnie. Remember i told you i was selected as a singer in a girl group and later it didn't work out. Unnie was one of us."

I said introducing them to each other.

"Oh I remember. Hello unnie myself Hyejin. Nice to meet you!"

Hyejin said bowing down to unnie as a respect.

"Trust me, I have heard so much about you from wheein haha."

Unnie said and i just rolled my eyes as if i was different person back then.

After that we talked for a while and realized that maybe we should leave the shop if we are not buying anything. We planned to get dinner together before saying our goodbyes to each other just to catch up with moonbyul unnie. And we went to some restaurant where unnie invited her girlfriend too. I couldn't believe at first that moonbyul unnie is one women type. I always thought she might be a play girl. But time flies faster than we can imagine I guess.