ɢʟɪᴍᴘꜱᴇꜱ

Glimpse 1:

The dark party hall, embraced with laces and curtains of red-wine and lights of golden sparkling down set the mood for a romantic evening. She set her eyes onto his, while he took her palm into his slowly tapping their foot to the patiently dropping soulful pop beats.

She: Baby... 

He placed his finger on her lips, nodded his head and intertwined his fingers with hers.

He: This is so beautiful.. let this moment be...

She: But, I have something to say..

He sighed calmly and smiled. He pressed his forehead onto hers.

He (looking into her eyes): What is it?

She: Let's break this..

He stopped dancing.

He: Break what?

She looked down and went closer to him.

Glimpse 2:

Putting her phone down on the dressing table, she looked up at the mirror. Seeing herself dolled up in an Indigo kurta and glinting ornaments, she touched her chest to check her heartbeat. Someone knocked the door of her room loudly.

She (yells faintly): It is open!

The door opened. Her mother came in.

She: Ma..

Mother: Say nothing. The groom's parents will be here in five minutes, get ready quickly.

She: I'm ready already.

Mother (looks at her in surprise): That's good then. Here, wear this necklace.. (pauses) never mind, I'll make you wear it.

Her mother ties the necklace and checked if it was looking good on her.

She: What else should I wear? (looking at herself in the mirror) Nettipattam? (gold caparisons that cover the wide domed forehead of an elephant)

Mother: Don't talk like this in front of them.

She (sarcastically): You'll let me speak a word? How sweet of you...

Tying the necklace on her neck tightly, her mother glares at her. She moves away from her mother. Her father enters the scene.

Father: Tea is ready to serve. They'll be here in two minutes, are you ready?

She nods her head in agreement. Her father and mother move towards the door to leave.

She: Pa !

They turn towards her again.

Father (raises his eyebrows): Yeah?

She: Pa, ma.. (holds her left thumb with her right hand)

Mother (suspiciously): Did you call him again?

She: What? Why would I? Don't you believe me ma?

Mother: Then what is it?

She (feebly): I think I'm..

Father: Say it loud.

She (mustering her guts): Pa, I think.. I-I'm pregnant.

The calling bell rang to their bewilderment.

COMING SOON to your digital pages :)

Please do consider voting this up, if it interested you !