Prologue- Memories

Ever since I can remember, I was always fasinated by magic. I was born into the Amells, a noble family in Kirkwall, which had magic in it's blood to begin with. But my parents hated it.

"It's a curse,"

"It's evil,"

"No noble family should have magic in it's blood, lest it be destroyed."

Yet I always found these ideas a bit harsh, and I fought with my parents frequently- even though I only lived there until I was 11. Then, it happened- something I only ever dreamed about happening.

I developed magic.

Then, with fear and shame, they beckoned the templars to take me away- but I expected to be transferred to the Kirkwall circle. I was not. I found myself on a journey over the Waking Sea, and eventually, in Fereldan. Then the Tower of Magi there. It was very different than what I'd heard of Kirkwall's circle- more homely, I suppose. That was the same year that he got assigned to the tower- young and bashful. He was about two years older than me, and was training to be a Templar. Now, I know what you are thinking- that love between a mage and Templar are strictly forbidden, mostly due to the fact that Templars are there to watch over mages, and to prevent possesion ond summoning of demons...or in other words, blood magic. Since romance or love can blind the Templars to a possiblity of the mage doing blood magic, it is forbidden. But things were different to a young child, even more so to a young child in love. I didn't care about the rules. I just wanted him.

But I was too young and shy to even talk to him at first, babbling like a moron. Eventually, I grew older and reached 15, and he was 17. Now, sure, he was a bit older than me. But like I said- it's different when you are in love. Eventually, it was he who was stuttering and me who was laughing at him. I denied my feeling over and over, but my behavior and actions betrayed me. I couldn't stay away from him. This is my story. This is the forbidden love of a mage and her templar- Solona and Cullen.