Chapter 10 - New family and introductions.

Elora's pov.

Once the plane landed in New York, we made our way towards their house. So now here we are both sitting in this big car all alone, you guessed it right.

I am sitting with my so-called husband, who does not even bother to talk to me because he is just busy sending his emails.

The atmosphere in the car is very tense and awkward. And I did not know what to do so I just closed my eyes to rest a little, but I did not know when sleep overcame me.

————————————————————————————————————— sometime later...________________________

The car door opened breaking me from my slumber, and I jerked forward, only to see my husband standing there his face mere inches away from my face, but he quickly pulled his hand before I could say anything.

"Come out." He said in a cold voice trying to intimidate me but I just gave him a sweet innocent, fake smile and went out.

Oh and just to recap a little: I decided to act out from my real self to see what all his intentions are. That means not showing him my real personality.

So continuing my act, I pulled my pallu down a little till my nose and went ahead. I saw my MIL and her MIL standing there with an aarti plate in her hands waiting for me and Reyansh to enter.

"Beta, you have to kick this Kalash, and then enter the house. This Kalash full of rice grains shows that you are pushing wealth and prosperity inside the house. Thus with your entry, symbolising the entry of good luck, wealth and prosperity." She said, and I raised my eyebrows at her, impressed by the explanation, but obviously, no one could see that. To them, I just smiled and kicked the Kalash before entering inside.

The house was beautiful and modern.

 I liked it.

"SURPRISE", a voice suddenly yelled causing everyone's attention to shift towards them. A couple stood there with wide smiles on their faces, and everyone was started shouting and engulfed them both in a hug.

I noticed Reyansh's face, and he was smiling looking at both of them. "Hey, both of you, when did you both come back. I did not even see you, where- " aunty started speaking in an excited tone but was cut off with a deep masculine voice.

"Ma, it's ok relax. And we came here yesterday night, and we were hiding in our rooms. And they are in - " he was cut off by the girl who was standing beside him.

" Hush now, let me meet my new sister-in-law, and why is she standing there, hey come here inside, now," she said in a French accent."

I immediately knew that they were the rehash's brother and bhabhi. I went ahead and stood beside her.

"Ma, why her face covered. I wanna look at her." The girl whined, and everyone just chuckled.

" Lia, she is just shy, give her some time you will see her tomorrow, now let them both have some time alone together. But wait let me introduce everybody first." Ma said, and everybody chuckled but, then uncle started introducing everybody. " This is my elder son- Dhruv and his wife Amelia. Then you know both of us. This is my daughter Naina."

And tomorrow we will introduce you to our extended family. Everybody went home today as it was too late."

He said and I shyly nodded my head giving them all a small namaste. And mentally cringing at my behaviour.

Everyone just chuckled and ma sent everybody to their rooms as it was too late and everybody was tired, so all the rituals will be done tomorrow.

Everyone left after giving a small bye and enjoy, and ma turned towards us.

"Now Reyansh, you show her towards your room and help her get her stuff there. Make her feel comfortable, alright. Ok bye." She said and left.

I just stared at her weirdly, that's it. I thought there would be something more like she would show me my room and tell me something, but she just left all the responsibility on her useless son, who just grunted and moved towards the stairs.

" Are you gonna come, or going to stand there the whole night? " he asked in a cold voice, expecting me to get scared and run towards him. But I just looked at him and slowly made my way towards the stairs making him more irritated in the process.

He groaned and started walking faster, but I was still taking my own pace and Sten stood in front of the most dreaded door. 

Or more awkward.

He opened the door and said, "Come". And I mentally groaned at the future awkwardness and problems in my life ahead. 

Before making my way inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

words- 803