A Christmas Surprise

'Twas the night before Christmas, and Lola had something very important and top-secret to take care of. She crept quietly past her mum and dad who were singing Christmas carols.

Mum and Dad: Deck the halls with boughs of holly! Fa la la la la la la la la.

Lola quickly headed upstairs with Sizzles following not far behind.

Sizzles: (barks)

Lola (setting up the big pot): Sizzles, there's no food in here, but what's inside is even better! But before I can take it out. (whispers): We need to keep it a secret. No matter what, Charlie can't see his present. You stand guard. Ready?

After checking to make sure her door was tightly closed, Lola reached into the pot and pulled out the popular Poca Loca Penguin toy.

Lola: It's Poca Loca Penguin, the greatest toy ever! So, what do you think? It's my Christmas present for Charlie.

Sizzles: (barks)

Lola: I agree one zillion times! It's the most perfect present in the history of history! It does not only walk, but when you squeeze it...

Poca Loca Penguin: What has four legs but never walks? A table!

Lola: ...it tells jokes! (laughs) A table. Charlie is going to love it! Now to wrap it. Bark if you hear him coming! (hums Deck the Halls) There. Perfect.

With the presents perfectly wrapped, Lola made a place for it under the Christmas tree.

Lola: Excellent dog-guarding, Sizzles. The coast is clear.

Charlie: Is that for me?

Lola: Charlie! Are you peeking at your present?

Charlie: Yes, no, maybe so...

Lola: No peeking, Charlie! You'll spoil the surprise!

Charlie: I know, Lola, but I'm such a good guesser, I can't help myself! Watch!

He looked at a present.

Charlie: Dinosaur.

He looked at another.

Charlie: Bigger dinosaur.

And another.

Charlie: (groans) Socks.

Lola knew Charlie was right--he was the best present guesser she'd ever met. But Lola also knew that she couldn't let Charlie guess this present. It had to be kept a surprise!

Lola: But being surprised is the best part of Christmas!

Mum and Dad handed out cookies.

Mum: I agree. I love surprises!

Dad: But good luck convincing your brother. You have to admit he's good.

Lola: Well, you're going to be completely surprised when you open my present!

Charlie: A present? For me? What is it?

Lola dashed away to her room and slammed the door before Charlie could follow her in. After a moment Lola slowly open the door to check and see if the hallway was clear... and there was Charlie!