Confessions

Anne P.O.V

I ran and ran deeper in the forest, trying to follow Marcy. It's dangerous for her to wonder in the middle of the night. I just hope that she's okay.

I'm such an idiot! Why wasn't I able to say anything back there! I guess I was so shocked at Marcy's confession and the intensity in her green eyes, that I couldn't even say anything...

Oh, Marcy, if only you knew how I felt.

I searched all around the forest and I couldn't find her. Were could she have went?

If I know Marcy, she would go at a place that's private and isolated.

Oh I know! The amphibious mountain!
It's the only place I haven't looked.
I'd be surprised if she was able to climb all the way up of the mountain.

I hope she's there...

I climb up the rocky hill and by the time I got up, the blue and green lights form last time were illuminating the sky. I reached the edge of the top and saw Marcy weeping on the ground.

"Marcy, I finally found you!"
I said happily, a feeling of relief flooding through.

Marcy jumped back, shocked by my sudden presence. "A-Anne what are you doing here?"

"Searching for you, obviously!"

Marcy looked away.
"Go away Anne..." she silently muttered, covering her face with her hands.

"Marcy..."

I sat down in front of her and she stayed silent.

I then gently moved her arms out of her face and gently kissed her.

Marcy was shocked at first,
but then I felt her kiss me back.

It wasn't like anything I've ever felt before! It was like walking on air!
Our kiss was passionate and I never wanted it to end!

Eventually we had to separate to able able to breathe.

"Marcy, I love you too! For a long time too!" I confessed.

She looked happy but confused.
"But....why didn't you say anything earlier?"

"I was so surprised when you admitted to liking me that I couldn't say anything. Plus, I was kinda nervous with all of the people staring at me.
If I was going to confess to you I'd rather it be just us."

"I see. You've always been so considerate Anne!"

"I'm just glad you feel the same way.
I really didn't want to lose my only friend."

Marcy smiled.

"Does...does that mean that we're..."
I started.

"Girlfriends? If you want to, I wouldn't mind." Marcy answered, smiling softly.

Marcy and I looked up to see the lights in the sky shining even brighter than before.

Marcy scooted next to me and layed her head on my shoulder.

We watched the lights glow in the sky in a comfortable silence.

But Marcy then suddenly lifted her head up.

"What's up?"

"Anne, camp finishes tomorrow. How are we going to handle being in a relationship?"

"I don't know, but as long as we're together, we can overcome anything."
I said, meaningfully.

Marcy gazed at me, her eyes brimming with love at my words. Smiling, she put her head back onto my shoulder and we enjoyed our embrace for one last night.

Just the two of us.