Beach Trip

Anne P.O.V

"I wonder why the camp director gathered all of us here?" I asked.

"Beats me!" Marcy replied, shrugging.

Soon after the camp director showed up and went to stand up on the stage.

"Okay campers! Hope you're all excited for our beach trip today!" the camp director asked.

"Weren't we supposed to be cooking?"
Marcy asked.

"We all know what happened the last time we let you two around food."
he said, glaring at me and putting an emphasis on last.

Other people around us snickered.

I nervously scratched my cheek.

Oh yeah..... I remember that....

"Anyway, get ready, because the bus is leaving soon!"

People scattered around and went to go talk to their friends.

"I guess we're going to the beach today, Mar-Mar."

"I guess so, Anna-Banana! This is going to be so much fun! Did you know that sand is made of tiny quartz crystals called silica?"

"Not really, but I'm always interested in learning!" I said, amused.

Marcy smiled at me and continued rambling on about sand.

It was fun to see Marcy go on nerd mode, it was actually pretty cute.

We grabbed our things and went onto the bus. Even there, Marcy kept rambling on, but I didn't mind.

We finally arrived to the beach and we exited the bus.

"Yay, we're here! Come on Anne I'll race you there!"

Before Marcy could run, I pulled her back. "Marcy, you know we have to put on our swimsuits before going into the water right?"

"Oh, right, we better do that!"
Marcy eagerly said, turning around to run towards the changing stalls, only to immediately trip down.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her.
Marcy's really is something!

We went to the stalls and I changed into my swimsuit before going back outside.

"It looks like you're already ready, Anne!" said a voice from behind.

I turned around to see Marcy wearing a green swimsuit.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that she looked rather nice...

"Hey Anna-Banana, you okay?" Marcy asked, poking me.

I snapped out of my dazed state.

"Y-yeah, yes, I mean....I'm great?"
I stuttered.

"Okay.... Should we go in the water?"
she asked.

"I think that we should use a water slide so that it can shoot us down into the water! And it will be fun!" I suggested.

"Great idea! Let's do that!"

We went and waited in line at the water slide until it was our turn.

"Wow it's....pretty high up."
Marcy commented, a hint of fear in her voice.

I noticed that she started trembling and I grabbed her hand and intertwined it with mine.

"Relax Marbles, I'll be right here with you." I gently whispered.

Marcy stopped trembling at my words and gave me a grateful nod before smiling with newfound confidence.

I decided to sit in the front and let Marcy sit down behind me.

I felt a warm fuzzy feeling when I felt her wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Ready? Set. Go!"

I charged forwards and we plummeted down the slide at high speeds.

I laughed and raised my hands up in the air and Marcy was smiling and giggling, despite holding onto me tighter.

We reached the end of the slide and we were launched up into the sky before falling back down into the water with a splash.

I went back up to the surface and saw Marcy too. We both giggled at the excitement of the ride.

"That was exhilarating!" Marcy exclaimed.

"It sure was! Let's go back to the shallow water."

We swam back up to the shallow side of the beach where there were tons of people swimming around!

I was too busy watching that I didn't notice until Marcy splashed some water at me.

I turned around to her and saw that she was muffling her laughter in her hands.

"You think that's funny huh? Well two can play at that game!" I said, splashing water Marcy in return.

We both giggled and continued to splash each other until we were soaking.

Our attention was diverted when we heard people laughing excitingly.
We turned to see that they had started having shoulder wars. And it looked pretty fun!

I thought of an idea and I swam underneath the water and back out with Marcy on my shoulders.

"A-Anne! What are you doing!?" Marcy asked, caught off guard.

"We're going to join in on the fun!"

It wasn't long before we initiated in a shoulder war against other people.

But putting Marcy on top was a mistake. I forgot how weak her arms were.

We were quickly overwhelmed and fell down into the water. When we went back out to the surface we laughed at our fall.

Could this day get any better?

"This is fun Anne, but I think we should start heading back. Especially with those big waves around!" Marcy said, pointing at a big wave that was coming our way.

"Don't worry Marbles! You're faithful bodyguard got this!"

She looked confused by what I meant and I quickly picked her up bridal style and started running away from the water.

I barley was able to make it out in time as I felt the remainder of the waves water hit me, causing me to drop Marcy.

We laughed as we fell down next to each other side.

Today was so fantastic! Marcy makes everyday feel like a paradise!

I wish camp could last forever!