Chapter 4: Here We Go Again (+ A/N)

A/N: Soooo, yeah I redrew Lera because he didn't look to good.

I think I overdid it though... Anyways on with the story ✌

John's POV:

I've seen the way that asshole Arlo looked at Lera. But he had the audacity to try to punch him! That prick! "Don't you touch him, asshole!" I yelled. He turned around and immediately tsked at me. "What? You got a soft spot for this fool? I don't know how to imagine the Joker to be lenient with anyone." Arlo said, raising his eyebrow. I instantly charged at him and punched him in the face... or at least I thought I did. Nope. All I hit was a pentagram? I know everyone in this school but none of them have this type of ability. That means.... Lera. I looked over to him and his hands.... they were in some strange stance. What the hell is he doing protecting this pushy weakling??? Arlo noticed it too. But once the spell was broken he immediately walked past me saying, "My apologies, King..." And with that he walked out of the cafeteria.

I walked towards Lera, but he had that cute scared look again. What the?! STOP LOOKING AT HIM LIKE THAT, JOHN!!! HE IS NOTHING BUT A WEAKLING! I was too much into my thoughts and I need to punch something. And it was almost Lera.... but he blocked it with his ability fortunately. But there was something wrong... His eye that was covered... there's black stuff coming from it. I try to lift his hair up but OH MY GOD IT WAS SO SOFT. I almost didn't notice I was caressing his hair. So I tried again but he flinched, backed away and ran, leaving the slice of cake behind. Whatever that stuff was in his face, it looked like it hurt. So i took the slice and tried to find him.

Lera's POV:

OH SH*T OH SH*T OH SH*T OH SH*T!!! Not now! Crap! I guess John noticed the black stuff coming from my face. He tried to lift my hair up but I backed away and ran. 'No no no no no no no no no no', I thought. I ran to the door that led to the roof and opened it. I made sure no one was behind me and quickly closed and locked it. I curled up into a ball and started crying *Lera...... You cannot hide from me forever.... I found you..* I covered up my ears and start chanting the spell Ani (sister) taught to get rid of his voices. Once the voice was gone, I lifted my head up only to see John staring straight in my face, with horror and confusion in his.

"...Here's your cake." He said. "I... I don't think I want it anymore, heh." I replied trying to sound normal. But of course the damn tears were still on my face. He brought his hand closer to my face but I turned my head. "D-don't." "Take it.." John said reaching in his pockets and pulls out my medicine. I always hated taking pills. The first experience was... not pretty. So I was always afraid of taking pills. "Umm... Isn't there another way to take the medicine?" "No. Now take the pill. And drink this." It was a soda from the vending machine I saw in the cafeteria. I hesitated and took the pills anyway. John stood up and reaches out his hand... which, since he is an asshole why is he doing this? "Are you coming back to class or not? I don't have all day." I stood up on my own and walked with him back downstairs.

After School ends (lol meh lazy)~

I walked back to my dorm and got changed. It was a couple of minutes when John came in and saw scars on my back (The image I just creates with that is just CRINGE OMFG 😫).

John's POV:

I walked in on Lera changing. (omfg WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MEEHHHHHHH?! THE IMAGE IN MY HEAD JUST-! RREEEEEEEEEE! Ok enough of me getting nosebleeds and raging. On with the story)

I saw a bunch of scars on his back. I decided not to ask because I know he isn't going to tell me anyway... And the fact that I still had the slice of cake he left behind was just.. unnerving for some reason. "Do you want the cake?" "No, you can have it", he said. I shrugged and took a shower. After that, I sat down down and ate some of the slice of cake. Lera was sitting at his desk doing his homework. An hour later he was done and said he was going out to get something to eat. Of course I decides to tag along with him. I didn't want him getting hurt with AMBER running around killing off vigilantes and whatnot. 

Sorry. My bipolar episode kickstarted and I didn't calm down till like 2 in the afternoon. I am really very sorry you all. Let me know if you want a Part 5 🙏