Satisfaction Brought It Back

Ahri looked at her outfit in the mirror.

She wanted to look professional, yet cute in her own way. You can be both beautiful and powerful. It was actually her motto for Foxy Cosmetics.

She decided she looked good enough and grabbed her bag before heading out to the living room. Kai'sa and Akali were already waiting on the couch. They were both ready to go already, but Evelynn was noticeably absent.

Kai'sa: Are you ready?

Ahri nodded. She then began to looked around.

Akali: She's still trying to find what shoes to wear.

Ahri: Still?

Akali: Yep. I don't get why you guys think you have to look all professional and shit. We're meeting a person, not one of those old bald dudes.

Kai'sa: Those "old bald dudes" are our investors.

Akali: Still. Seraphine doesn't seem like the type to be all formal and whatever. If we all show up looking all pretty and intimidating then she's get all worried. She's just a kid, guys.

Ahri was going to argue, but she felt a hand on her shoulder instead.

Evelynn: My thoughts exactly, dear.

Ahri looked at her best friend to see that she was dressed more casually. She wore a simple top with some light jeans and with a coat in her hand. Of course, she also wore her glasses.

Evelynn: If we come on too strong, she will back away. This is simple negotiation techniques.

Ahri: Nego....We're not trying to free hostages.

Akali: Exactly! So we can be normal people for a little while. Besides, I'm sure she would understand.

Akali and Kai'sa both got up, Kai'sa looking a bit indifferent to everything going on, before Evelynn grabbed a set of keys from the bowl near the door.

Ahri stood there for a moment before she decided that she was outnumbered. In the end, she supposed it didn't really matter.

Ahri: Fine. Let's go talk music.

Broken
Promises
Act 1

Akali: Wow. You know, from the videos alone, I would've never thought she lived in a place like this.

The four women were now looking at the very expensive looking building in front of them. Evelynn wanted to drive, but Kai'sa managed to convince her to take an Uber instead of trying to fight for parking.

Good thing she did.

The four were about to head in, when Evelynn heard something that sent a shiver up her spine.

The sound of a loud, powerful engine.

Ahri walked with the others for a moment before she realized Evelynn wasn't with them. They all turned around to see Evelynn watching an old muscle car speed down the street.

If there was one weird fact about Evelynn that may surpise people, it was that she was a massive car freak. She even used to model for some magazines back when she was just starting out.

Akali actually found a poster after days of searching and now had it hung up in the garage.

Ahri: Eve.

Evelynn snapped out of her trance and remembered why she was there. She collected herself before she joined the others.

In truth, she could tell anyone exactly when her love for cars started. It was when she was still with her ex.