Swing n' Miss

Stolas just kept on calling. Their face kept popping up on the dead screen now and then, and it never failed to give an uncomfortable bump in his chest. He wanted to just toss the phone out... or pick up, and tell him how sorry he was for what happened. Lifting a fist to slam it on the wheel, he restrained himself as he looked in his rearview mirror. The other man laid asleep on his side. Though, they'd wake up to the insistent vibrating of the phone finally shaking its way to the plastic part of the handbrake's surface.

"Whoa. Where are we?" Silvia sat up, still looking dizzy.

"Near your address. You got pretty fucked up at the club, so it's time for you to go home." Blitzo glanced between the mirror and the street in front of him.

1:32 am. The suburbs Silvia lived was pretty nice. Upper-middle class, so that meant peaceful, quiet nights, far from the bustling, non-stop sinning of the metropolis. Noticing the man look increasingly worried, those owl eyes so easy to read, he adjusted his mirror to see them better.

"You've got a nice family," Blitzo began, before clearing his throat. "And I don't mean that in a threatening way. Why the fuck would you bring that much money in pocket? You trying to get robbed? Any other guy, and I would've just taken your wallet."

Silvia grabbed for his pocket at that, and indeed, the wallet was there, cash and everything intact. Yet, he still looked unsettled, leaning to the middle of the car and placing his hands on the backs of the front seats. Looking Blitzo right in the eyes, he swallowed.

"We can't go back home. Turn this thing around, or let me get out-- I don't care." The owl stammered, speaking quickly.

"Relax, pal. You're still jumpy. Not gonna hurt you, or whatever. This is the address, right?" Blitzo gestured with a hand. "Chill. I'm not trying to remember it, or ruin your life."

"I don't have a life there anymore." Silvia grabbed a shoulder, and Blitzo looked back sharply.

Blitzo came to a slow stop. They were already there. It really was a nice place. Blitzo had been here a few times, and he always wondered how this place could exist. A place with relatively normal lives, healthy relationships... something that didn't seem feasible in hell. Trying to fine a dent in the pavement, or some cannibal eating another demon was hilarity in its own way.

"I... I don't think she loves me anymore."

Blitzo looked at Silvia directly, twisting in his seat. They kept their eyes low, looking at the floor. Their legs reservedly kept together, and they'd leant to push their face into their hands. Blitzo thought carefully about his next words and looked out the driver side mirror. The lights were still on.

"Silvia. That's the name, isn't it?" Blitzo talked calmly, relaxing his facial expressions. "I don't know what you've been through. I don't know the situation, but... you can't keep running. Look."

Pointing at the window, the owl sighed, looking at his house. Shadows were moving from inside now, and the curtains pulled open to reveal the same women Blitzo had seen in his wallet's portrait. They looked angry at first... then concerned. Running to the front door, the two in the car exchanged looks.

"C'mon. I'll tell her you got drunk in some bar. You've gotta make amends... before it's too late."

Silvia didn't respond right away. The man was so scared, and anxious. But a few seconds later, and they nodded. Getting out of the car, Blitzo stayed back, just pulling down his window. As the front door opened, the woman met what he assumed was a lover. Sure enoough, she held him tightly, bringing the other owl to a tight hug.