Hardwired

"You can't ignore me foreverrrr."

Wayne sure was taking his time. He'd been gone for a while now, though those speakers did look heavy. The rest of the incubi and succubi in the back had helped out, and he was stuck with whoever this guy was. It was the same guy who continually kept hitting on him to no end. On a good day, he might've indulged it. Today though, things were hurting. It'd been hurting ever since the whole Stolas incident, and it was just getting worse.

"I'm bored as hell. Come onnnnn. You never even answered my question!" The incubus decided to flop onto the front seat to join Blitzo up front, leaning their elbow on the steering wheel and trying so hard to look pleasing. "What makes you happy? Maybe... maybe I can make you happy?"

"..."

"Come onnnn, don't be like that. One snap of my fingers, and I can have you in the mood-"

"Shut the fuck up. Please, shut the fuck up." The imp decided enough was enough and left out the passenger side, to which the other demon slipped out quickly before it was slammed shut.

"Hey! Sorryyy! Geez, you're a tough customer." They called and caught up quickly as Blitzo stormed off to wherever he could get to in this god forsaken place. "Wait up! I... uhhh, I really don't think you wanna go in there yet! They're still setting up, y'know?!"

Blitzo's footsteps clacked alone in the hallway, following the faint sound test of what would be the concert later. The incubus followed shortly behind, sputtering some nonstop nonsense about why not to look, but he trudged on in the dark, right past the sleeping ticket booth officer. The imp knew exactly what was coming, but he was fully aware of his stupidity. It was fate for him to make his decision. His heart screamed it, his brain did the same, and his body moved on its own.

"Blitzy-" The taller one tried to talk him out in vain.

"Don't call me that." Blitzo pointed sharply, but slowly dropped his hand, regretting how hard he'd said it immediately. "...I appreciate you trying to get me to do the right thing. And you're right. Wayne's right."

The evening was orange, sunset colors to a fading mood. It was a big stadium, out of the dozens that surrounded the city. Of course, since this was one of her concerts, it had to be one of the biggest venues. Wayne had parked right at the front hours ago, but that wasn't his real reason for going. The whole time, waiting, he knew why he'd been singled out despite his offer to help; his size be damned, he could still hold his own.

"Mic test..."

Blitzo pushed his back against the wall as he heard that voice speak softly. Glancing at the other demon, the imp looked almost pleading. "When's the concert?"

"Uhhh... soon. I was gonna drive us away from here, but..." The incubus had dropped his mask a while ago, looking concerned for a total stranger. " ...Well. I get what you're feeling. We've all been through heartbreak, haven't we?"

Blitzo nodded slowly. "Yeah."

"And you want to see her. But it's going to hurt looking into those eyes again. You remember them every single day, and its haunted you for years now."

"...I know it's going to hurt. But I need to see her."

"You don't."

What was another mistake? It just kept on piling up, and he was falling apart faster than ever before. As he heart sank, crushed more and more by the invisible weight of his actions, he felt compelled to keep going. The pain was unbelievable, for the things that had happened long ago. For as much as it hurt, there was some sense of relief; a twisted form of pleasure that kept yanking him into what should've been left behind. Whatever the case was, he knew his head was fucked.