All is good

The next day, it was the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month, and today, Margarita was going to open the festival. Stephanie was still feeling guilty over snapping at Margarita like an alligator yesterday, and she didn't know what to do. Suddenly, there was a knock at the front door. Stephanie went to answer, and she was surprised to see...

"Jenny Park!" Stephanie gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd give these to your family, Stephanie," Jenny smirked. She handed Stephanie a huge box of cookies.

"Thanks, Jenny," Stephanie said.

"Not a problem," Jenny smirked.

Stephanie brought the cookies into the house and set them on the counter just as Margarita came down, having just showered.

"¿Qué pasa?" Margarita asked.

"Jenny came by and gave us these cookies," Stephanie said. "Want one?"

"Okay, gracias," Margarita said. She took a bite out of a cookie, and she started feeling weird.

"What's wrong?" Stephanie asked.

"These cookies have peanuts," Margarita wheezed.

Stephanie took a bite of a cookie and realized something was wrong. "These cookies are from the Cygnet Scouts," she realized. "Lots of cookies they sell have nuts in them."

Margarita reached into her belt pack only to find that it's empty. "My injector is gone!" she gasped.

"Gone?" Stephanie gasped.

"It was in my belt pack, but now it's gone," Margarita wheezed. She started developing a rash all over her body, to Stephanie's horror.

"Don't worry," Stephanie said. "I'll get help!" She took out her cell phone and dialed 911. "Hi, my sister is suffering an allergic reaction, and her injector just disappeared out of nowhere. We're at 6915 Kensington Avenue in Sunflower Bay. Okay, thanks!" She told Margarita, "They're sending an ambulance over."

Five minutes later, Jesus, Nancy, and Jacob arrived home.

"Okay, let's get ready for the festival," Nancy smiled.

But then the family heard sirens blaring. An ambulance was coming their way, and it stopped at their driveaway, to their confusion. Stephanie came running out of the house with Margarita in her arms, and Jesus was shocked to see his daughter's condition.

"Stephanie, what's going on?" Jesus asked.

"Jenny brought us some cookies that have peanuts in them, and Margarita took a bite, but her injector is gone," Stephanie replied. "She needs help!"

"Oh, no!" Jesus gasped. "¿Mi hija está muriendo?"

"Put her on the stretcher," a paramedic said.

Stephanie carefully put Margarita on the stretcher.

"Ay, mi nena," Jesus wept.

"She'll be okay, Mr. Flores," the other paramedic said. "We just have to get her to the emergency room."

"I'll go with her," Jesus volunteered.

"Me, too," Stephanie said.

"We'll come by to see how she turns out," Jacob said.

"Okay," Jesus nodded.

Margarita was rolled into the ambulance, and Jesus and Stephanie climbed in. The sirens blaring and lights flashing, the ambulance raced to the nearest hospital.