A Trip to the Mall

Meanwhile, outside, Nancy was talking to Cristobal and Esteban's mother, Elena Gutierrez de Prescott. Cristobal was 16, but he didn't have his driver's license yet. Stephanie was talking to her friends while waiting for Margarita.

"I swear, she's ruining everything for me," Stephanie ranted. "She flirts with Esteban Prescott without a problem, and she steals my spot in the band. How can it get any worse?"

"Ah, there's my new daughter now," Nancy smiled.

Margarita and the brothers showed up.

"Hola, mijos," Elena smiled.

"Hola, Mamá," the brothers chorused.

Elena was happy to see her sons, but when she looked up and saw Margarita, she gasped. "¿Margarita?" she gasped.

Margarita saw Elena, and she was surprised. Then it all came back to her. "Wait, you're Elena Gutierrez, my mother's friend from Guatemala," she gaped.

"That's right," Elena confirmed.

"Your mom was friends with his mom?" Stephanie gasped.

"Yes, and I haven't seen her since the funeral, and that was a decade ago," Margarita said.

"Look at you," Elena gushed. "You look just like your mother."

"Gracias," Margarita blushed.

"So, your father got married to Nancy, huh?" Elena smiled. "You know, maybe in an hour, we can all drop in at your house."

"Sounds good," Nancy smiled. "Jesus should be home by then."

"Maravilloso," Elena beamed. "Okay, mijos, let's get a move on."

"Okay," Esteban nodded. He turned to Margarita and said, "Hasta luego, Margarita."

"Okay," Margarita smiled. She climbed into her stepmother's car, and they rode off.

"I can see you made a few friends, eh, Margarita?" Nancy smiled.

"Yes, I guess I did," Margarita smiled.

"I can't believe Esteban and Cristobal Prescott are coming over to my house," Stephanie beamed.

"Our house, Stephanie," Margarita corrected her.

"Well, so it's obvious Esteban is excited to come and see me," Stephanie smirked.

Margarita rolled her eyes at how egocentric her stepsister was. To be honest, she herself was looking forward to having Esteban's family over, and she was especially looking forward to Elena seeing Jesus again after a decade.

Meanwhile, Elena was driving home with her sons. "So, boys, what do you think of Margarita?" she asked.

"She's amazing, Mamá," Esteban smiled. "She played that classic song Valiente on her violin in music class."

"Ah, she takes after her mother," Elena grinned. "Pobrecita was the one who found her mother dead in the first place, and she was only a little girl."

"Aw," the brothers chorused. They both felt sorry for Margarita.

Meanwhile, at Margarita's house, she was doing her zoology homework. She wanted to get it out of her way, so she could spend time with her new classmates. Fortunately, because her father was a zoology teacher, she was really good at zoology, so she was able to finish it up. Soon enough, Jesus came home.