Chapter 3

[Unedited]

** 

Why was he here? Jimin questioned himself for the umpteenth time. 

The decision to crash Taehyung's vlive was his idea, the surprise on Taehyung's face was his goal, and he had done as much. But he hadn't counted Jungkook into the equation.

The younger had disappeared from his sight, the minute the reached their hotel, and Jimin had assumed Jungkook was going to sleep in early.

He had expected this vlive to be just him and Taehyung, just 'Vmin', as the fans liked to call them. And instead, the vlive had turned into 'Vminkook'.

No. Right now it was just 'Tae & Kook', Jimin thought to himself, as he watched the phone screen light up with purple hearts from their fans, and excited comments about Jungkook's entry.

Multiple captions with the words 'Tae', 'Kookie' and 'TAEKOOK' popped on the vlive screen, and Jimin wondered if the other two were seeing it.

'Taekook' was a word that Taehyung and Jungkook had come up with at random, for their unit, and later had forgotten all about it.

Their fans though...that was a different story.

Theories, analysis, zoomed-in images, detailed explanations on Jungkook's interaction with Taehyung, and vice versa, their fans hunted down every possible hint of 'Taekook' on social media.

And Jimin had ignored it all, until recently.

Until it turned into reality.

He let out a sigh and pulled himself back to the present, back to the two people sitting besides him - one dumb, and the other dumber. 

It still surprised him, that the two idiots hadn't figured it out yet.

How could Taehyung stare at Jungkook with such adorable, heart eyes, and still be in the dark about his feelings for the younger? How could he not notice the way Jungkook's face lit up like a Christmas tree every time Taehyung shifted his attention to him? 

How could his so-called best friend be this blind about his surroundings, and the people?

The more he watched these two guys grin and smile at each other, the more he wanted to scream at them.

Jimin wanted to scream in their faces, "CONFESS ALREADY!"

He wanted to grab Taehyung and shake some sense into him. He wanted to point at Jungkook, and scream, "Just look at him! Can't you see how much he loves you?!" 

"Jeon Jungkook loves you dammit! He has been in love with you for years now!"

"How can you be so blind to his feelings?!"

Unfortunately, Jimin couldn't do so. He couldn't force the two to confess their feelings for each other.

He had promised Jungkook he wouldn't say anything. He had agreed to keep the younger's secret, and not reveal to Taehyung, how much Jungkook loved him. 

Still, in moments like this one, he regretted falling for those big doe-like eyes, falling for Jungkook's desperate pleas to keep everything a secret.

He should just spill the beans and save himself from being the third wheel between the two, yet again. 

Jungkook might hate him for it. He might shut out Jimin and not talk to him for two days. But if him exposing Jungkook's feelings, pushed Taehyung over edge, if it got a confession out of the guy, then Jimin considered it worthwhile.