Chapter 4

[Unedited]

**

Taehyung's smile - in Jungkook's eyes, there was nothing more beautiful then that small upward tilt of his lips, the way it added a glow to his face, making the already handsome hyung, prettier, ethereal, and more words that Jungkook's currently smitten self couldn't come up with, in that second.

His love for Taehyung had been a small flame, in the beginning. 

It was a crackle of fire, that had stayed hidden in his heart, and only burning brighter, when the distance between them changed. Whenever Taehyung was close to Jungkook, touching him, laughing with him, Jungkook's need to pull his hyung towards, to press his body against the warmth of the other, to express his love for Taehyung with his hands, his lips, his eyes - it grew.

At one point, the need for Taehyung, the craving for Taehyung's attention, his body, it became somewhat of a live wire, staying under Jungkook's skin, and twisting his guts every time Taehyung approached him.

The maknae constantly worried that Taehyung would notice it.

Luckily for him, Taehyung wasn't a great observer, and he was still clueless about the younger's feelings.

Was he happy that his feelings were safe and hidden from Taehyung? Before, Jungkook would have answered, yes, that he was glad no one knew about it, except Jimin.

Now though, Jungkook didn't know.

He wasn't the same young, unsure Jungkook, who was told time and again to focus on his career, to not let anything distract him. He was no longer a rookie, but a renowned musician and artist in the industry, known world-wide as the main vocalist from the famous band - BTS.

He had a set path, and fame, and fans that believed in him, believed in all seven of them.

He no longer needed to fear losing it all...right? Their fans would understand...right?

These two questions were the reason why he was still a little hesitant.

Should he continue with this one-sided love, and keep Taehyung in the dark about everything? Should he continue being the cute maknae until the end? Was it better this way, to remain silent, and let go of a possible chance at future relationship?

Namjoonie hyung had once told him, that no matter what, they needed to stick together.

If he confessed, would their relationship affect the band members?

Jungkook had enough trust in the others, that a part of him knew that everyone would accept it, no question asked. But the other part, still worried about the what-ifs.

Even with all the trust, even with all the affection his hyungs showered him with, Jungkook was still unsure of their reaction.

Would it be positive for all? Or not?

And if he chose to not walk this road, if he kept his feet on the ground, ignoring his heart-

Would his feelings disappear over time? Maybe...maybe not.

There was no right answer-

"Okay bye! I'm leaving!"

Jimin's voice pulled Jungkook out of his thoughts. He saw the other get up from the seat, and hurry towards the door.

"Hyung? Wha-"

Jimin didn't wait to answer. Instead he made a beeline for exit, surprising Jungkook and Taehyung in the process.