Chapter Twenty-two

The constant ringing of the phone woke Yibo from his deep slumber

The constant ringing of the phone woke Yibo from his deep slumber. He opened his eyes and reached for the phone left on the bedside table. As he was still too deeply asleep he answered the call without taking a look at the caller id.

"Hello," he answered groggily.

The response from the other side had the sleep dissipating rapidly as he quietly disentangled himself from Xiao Zhan's arms.

Yibo swung his legs and stood up heading to the bathroom, the phone still by his ear as he listened to the person speaking to him. He closed the door of the bathroom and locked it so that Zhan wouldn't run in accidentally.

"I'll be there by ten. Send me the location," he said to the caller and declined the call.

He stared at his phone for a good few minutes before he slid down the door and rested his forehead on his knees as the first tears of the day slid down his cheeks.

Zhan had woken up way before Yibo had and was happily staring at Yibo who was deeply asleep. These were moments he'd love to have every day. To just chill on the bed with Yibo in his arms had a blessing of its own and Zhan enjoyed every second of it.

The ringing of Yibo's phone call broke the serenity of the morning as it woke up Yibo as well. The boy answered the call sleepily Zhan had to purse his lips to stifle the laughter but the manner Yibo tensed as soon as the caller spoke to him worried him.

Yibo quietly disentangled from himself and headed to the bathroom and even locked the door behind him which raised quite a number of questions in Zhan's mind but he tampered it down to a bare minimum.

Yibo always received calls be it from work and wherever else but never did Zhan raise questions about who they were and why they called because Zhan has always respected the privacy of oneself.

Even though they were in an unnamed relationship because they were too close to be friends and too distant to be lovers. Yet, Zhan considered whatever they had as something very special and something unbounded by a title.

They were everything and anything and Xiao Zhan liked it that way because he would take whatever he got and from what he'd dissected from Yibo, the younger was at par with his thoughts.

Even now when Yibo came out with water splashed on his face and sparkling teeth trying his best to hide the torment lingering inside the abyss of his eyes Zhan knew not to probe not because he knew the information would create a rift rather because he was sure Yibo needed time and Zhan was an adult who understood the basics of being one.

So he opted for something different. He greeted Yibo and walked past him to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, and washed his face. He came out to Yibo leaning onto the window his nose flattened against the glass as he enjoyed the view or according to what Zhan understood Yibo was trying to forget the call.