Chapter Fifteen

"I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow."

-Leo Christopher

...

We were stood by the toilets as Dean rinsed off his shoes. He was pulling a face as he did so, squirming like a child. I couldn't help but laugh. Ada and Scarlett were both in the stalls, cleaning up the mess. 

I sprayed Dean with some perfume in my bag, making him jump in shock. "What the hell was that?" He screamed, looking himself up and down and wondering what I had just done.

"Sorry b-but you stink." I giggled, spraying myself too. 

"Oh." He blinked. "Thank you then.. I guess."

"Are you excited for your n-next game?" I asked, leaning against the brick wall as he tried to dry his now clean shoes. 

"Not really." He grumbled. "I've been so busy with work that I've barely had a chance to train with the guys, I think coach is pissed at me. I wouldn't be surpised if I get benched for the rest of the season." He groaned, shaking his head.

"That's a shame." I mumbled. "You're one of their b-b-b-b-best players."

Dean turned to look at me, a glimmer in his eyes. "You really think?" He asked.

"Of c-course."

"Thank you." He grinned, placing his now dry shoes back on his feet. "That means a lot to me."

"Don't s-s-sweat it." I smiled, as Ada and Scar returned looking fresh. "You okay?" I asked as they came to stand with us. They both nodded, looking tired.

"Okay I think it's time we headed home." Dean clapped his hands together, making a move in the direction of the parking lot. We all mumbled noises of agreement. 

...

"I've been m-m-meaning to ask you s-something."

It was Monday morning, and I had arrived at work bright and early. Tyler was once again perched at my desk, ready to work on the project. Mondays were usually full of meetings, but this week they had been postponed. I had actually been looking forward to a nice slow day, but it seems Tyler had other plans for me. 

"What is it?" He placed his hands into his jacket pockets and rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet, looking at me curiously.

"Why didn't you come t-t-to work?" It had been bugging me all week, and I was determined to make the time pass quickly. 

"What do you mean?" He played dumb, shrugging at me and tilting his head like a confused puppy.

"Don't l-l-lie. I've had this job for months n-now, and I've never seen you a-a-around. Not before the project atleast. No one has. You're n-n-never there. I spent the whole w-w-w-week working on our project without you." I fumbled with my shoes while still trying to remain composed. I wanted answers, especially since I had busted my ass for this client.

"And why exactly should I tell you, princess?" He smirked, crossing his arms and playing with the loose string of his hoodie.

He turned and I found myself staring at his back, watching the muscles move beneath his hoodie.

I wondered if he wore a shirt underneath the hoodie. Or if his tattoo went all the other way across his chest. What if he has a six-pack? Or a four-pack? Or what if he secretly has a beer belly?

"You're spacing out again." I felt a sharp jab in my side and caught his wrist before he could pull his hand away.

"You m-m-must have a reason?" I noticed he had a set of rings on his fingers, all silver and in various sizes. Trying not to get too distracted by them I looked up at him and tried to read his facial expression hidden under the hoodie.