𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔦𝔪𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔞𝔩 𝔭𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔢𝔯.

As sunlight passes through the tinted windows of the pure vanilla palace, a seemingly young, dark-haired, bitter cookie stands before a portrait of someone forgotten long ago, lost to time, its parchment yellowing a bit upon close inspection.

the cookie in the portrait may have been overlooked as the years went by, but this dark-haired, bitter flavored cookie remembers him like he just met him yesterday.

ah yes...Espresso cookie never really managed to forget about him did he, even as 20 years and counting, he still has that vivid imagery of him.

grabbing the large, magic-worn cannon floating beside him, he attaches it onto a chain and hooks it onto a clasp situated on his black, gold-etched, leather belt. He looks at the painting one last time, before trailing down the long hallways of the pure vanilla palace, long dark robes, stitched and laced with the finest gold leaf toppings from the Aurum clan, following his every step, as the "Observer's Moonblessed Culverin" floats and follows behind him.
.
.
.
Ever since following in his fate as a wielder of the five's keys of rebirth, he has taken on the burden of becoming inhuman, having a much longer lifespan than other cookies, cursed with watching those he knows and cherishes come and go, watching as time moves on, leaving him behind. Having closed his heart off and distancing himself from other cookies, he is barely seen making contact with anyone else, and is often seen staying inside his laboratory, day and night, working on new formulas to use with the divine key of rebirth, the one created by Dark cacao cookie, of the five ancient heroes, those who left special weapons with their raw power, to the hands of those chosen and blessed with a certain talisman, that granted its user control over it.
.
.
.
.
.
Back when the dark flour war was still ongoing, the five heroes, created and forged weapons with a piece of their soul jam, and blessed it with a seraphic power, in hopes the next generation of cookies would be able to stop, and protect the world from the shadows Dark enchantress cookie unleashed upon their humble land.

They knew they wouldn't last long, and they were desperate for being sure the future world wouldn't be so grim as it was today. They anticipated that there will be cookies who also wish to use the divine power for their own pleasures, so White lily cookie, and Pure vanilla cookie, enchanted the keys of rebirth, so that only cookies with a sacred frosting talisman could wield it.

Said cookies who are blessed with talismans, will only be able to obtain them, if their dreams and ambitions are strong enough, that even the witches, will hear their cries and hopes, which explains why there hasn't been a wielder of a key of rebirth in 250 years.

But despite this, our brave cookies have found a way to temporarily utilize these keys of rebirth, to fend of the darkness that still creeps and lurks in the darkest corners of the world, even after 250 years after the dark flour war's aftermath.

Each cookie that has used the keys of rebirth have been injected with a special syrup, that grants them temporary talisman marks that allow them to use the divine weapons, but not at their full extent. And using these weapons comes at a cost, using a key of rebirth without a proper frosting talisman will result in the cookie's health deteriorating, their dough becoming more fragile, and if used for prolonged amounts of time, its current cookie user could potentially crumble.

And that isn't the only threat, using a key of rebirth to its full extent in the hands of a normal cookie can result in instant death.

A number of cookies have fallen due to this setback, and one of them, or to say, their deaths, have caused Espresso cookie to grow a cold, lonely heart, living the rest of his immortal life as the "Observer's moonblessed Culverin's" holder until his natural talisman fades away, and with it, his immortality.

Despite the cheers and uplifting words of the other cookies, who claim
'He is a rising hero', 'the one blessed by the witches to save the world' and others stating his frosted talisman is a blessing, he considers it a curse.

Because of this talisman, he is burdened to work day and night, trying to perfect his brew, so his cannon can shoot powerful, magical coffee beans with a precise, and impactful shots, which was how the cannon was designed in the first place.

If it wasn't for the cookie in the portrait, he would have left the weapon, and kingdom for good, hiding away in the snowy plains of the forgotten ruins of the dark cacao kingdom. But he didn't, because that same cookie, he oh-so fondly remembers, taught him the most important values and lessons he never thought he would even care about.

With that cookie, he learned joy, and sorrow.

He learned hope, and despair.

He learned how to despise, and how to love.

He learned that in this world, there are ugly things that can change your view of the world, but there are also beautiful things worth fighting for.

He was left with such memories, that he swore that he would continue fighting, for his sake, and for everybody else's, until the day he takes his final breath.
.
.
.
.
The main doors to the palace close, as The immortal pioneer makes his way to his laboratory, to continue his work and hopefully, concoct a brew that won't explode upon contact with the divine cannon.