Chapter 5 - Him

"Cass, you're pregnant, you know you're not allowed to make much of an effort," I say as soon as I see her trying to pick up a mountain of dresses she chose to try on. We are currently hunting for dresses for the event that I hear so much about.

"I don't like going several times, and I don't want to give up some of them either, that's the only option," she says firmly. I nod quickly to her and take her clothes in my hand so she can see where she's going. 

"And on top of that, since I got so big I haven't had time to go shopping and now no clothes fit me. It's frustrating." I'm starting to laugh at the childish behavior of a 26-year-old woman.

Waiting for her to come out of the fitting room, I start walking admiring the dresses on display when I notice something that catches my attention.

On a mannequin in the middle of the store is a gorgeous white dress, which seems to be tailored by Hestia, the sister of Zeus who came to earth many years ago, becoming a great fashion designer. Today you can see her clothes in collaboration with the most famous brands. I approach the dress hopnitized, and touch the fine material.

"It's one of the most beautiful dresses we've ever received, being a unique piece. It would look great on you." I hear the voice of an employee looking at the same dress I admired two seconds ago.

"I'll take it," I say, still looking at the dress. I immediately feel a presence behind me. 

"Looks like you didn't come shopping with me in vain, you found something for yourself. I'm glad that we ordinary mortals can do something worthy of the goddess of beauty," jokes Cassie, who also has an impressive number of dresses waiting to be purchased.

Finishing the clothes shopping I take the future mother home who for the first time got tired of spending money, Oli will  laugh when I tell him that.

While looking for the car keys through the bag, I hear the phone ring, so opening the car and sitting in the driver's seat I answer.

"Dite, you definitely know how to make a man wait." I roll my eyes as soon as I hear his joke, even though I know he can't see me.

"What is the reason for this call, Poseidon?" I ask as I put the keys in the ignition and start the car.

"Can't I call my best friend just because I miss her?" I realize that he wants to tease me by the tone he uses, so I don't answer him, shifting my attention to the crowded road. When he notices that he will not receive an answer, he continues "I am in the World of Mortals and I was thinking of visiting you."

"I haven't been home for 3 days and you already feel my absence," I tease him back.

"Ditee, you know you're the most interesting of them all, the rest are boring old men" I can't help but laugh at these words.

"I don't know how the other gods would react if they heard what terms you use to describe them," I can imagine how he nodded indifferently.

"I'm waiting for you at Blue Lagoon, I want you to try a new dish and tell me what you think" seems impatient so I turn the car and head towards it.

Blue Lagoon is one of his restaurants, since I chose a hotel business, he decided that food is the best option, he being a gourmet, we were not at all surprised when we heard the idea 70 years ago. During this time the business prospered, currently having 3 Michelin stars and some of the most skilled chefs.

I get out of the car in front of the restaurant and I can immediately feel the smell of the sea, typical of the God of the Oceans, his restaurant is on the waterfront.