Chapter 3 - Earth

It is well known that white is one of the colors I prefer to wear most often, so it is no surprise that this morning I choose to wear a white dress, but giving up the usual style I have at home, I opt for something more ... earthly. After I put on the dress, I take a beige overcoat. We are in March and New York is considered cold during this period. Not that I could feel the cold, but I prefer to fit in.

Once I'm done with the dress, I let my long blond hair cascade over my shoulders. I make my make-up simple, in nude shades that make my gray-blue eyes stand out and go to the door.

Since everything I could need is already in one of the houses I have, it is no longer necessary to pack, so when I have finished breakfast I close my eyes and imagine that I am on Earth.

When I open them, I'm in front of the imposing office building I own in the heart of New York. Even though I haven't visited Earth in a long time, that doesn't mean that I completely ignored it, I hired people to keep my business going and bring it to a value of billions.

I am the CEO of one of the most impressive hotel chains in the world. Golden Empire is a small part of Olympus brought to Earth. Each hotel is made to look to some extent with each palace of the gods. I wanted to make mortals feel like kings, and I succeeded.

Poseidon loves to make a joke about the business I chose saying, that the goddess of love should have opened a dating site and played the role of matchmaker, using her powers to make everyone find perfect pair.

It would have been a great idea if I could have influenced them in this way, but I know that Fate would not have been so happy when I changed the balance.

So I decided on the second best idea and brought a little of what I consider to be my home, here on Earth.

I take a few steps forward and the glass doors open revealing the huge reception that is full of stylishly dressed people, walking back and forth, some talking on the phone, others checking documents, and others..others stopped from the previous activity for to take a better look at me.

You can see in their eyes the amazement they have when they see me, and that's not because they have an idea who I am, but only because of the way I look. The truth is that only one person in the whole building knows who I am, Oliver is the best friend I have on earth. I met him 7 years ago when I had to quickly solve an emergency on Earth, but no matter how much I hurried back home, I couldn't ignore the man sitting alone on a bench in the park, crying.

As soon as I'm done talking on the phone, I breathe a sigh of relief and take a sip of my hot coffee and prepare to go back to Olympus, I've only been in town for a few hours and I've managed to fix the misunderstanding. I don't know why, but in the last few decades I haven't spent more than a few days on Earth, even though in the past it was my favorite place.

The moment I look up at the nearby park, it is impossible for me not to notice a man sitting on a bench, but this is not what surprises me, but the way my heart tightens when I see him in his condition.

Ignoring the world around him, he sits on the bench and cries.

Without realizing it, I start moving towards him. I don't know why, but I want to help him, I want to see what a smile would look like on that beautiful girl."Why cry when there are so many reasons to smile? Life is too short to be spent crying." I tell him as soon as I get to him.

He gently raised his teary, red eyes to me, which had a green that would make Artemis herself jealous, but with a sadness in them that didn't suit him.

"I don't think I have any reason for that."

"And why would a young man with a whole life before him say such words?"