"Chapter 2"

Addison hooked up the ultrasound machine, Meredith lifting her scrub top slightly, Cristina sitting on the chair next to the bed.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Derek?" Cristina offered one more time, Meredith sighing heavily.

"I don't want this baby to be the reason he suddenly comes crawling back. I want him to come back for me, and if that isn't want he wants then I shouldn't force him to" Addison smiled as she applied the cream, nodding along.

"It's what the bigger person would do" She admitted, Cristina shrugging with acknowledgement.

"Okay, let's have a look at this baby shall we" Cristina said eagerly, unsure as to why she was so excited, whereas Meredith looked terrified. Addison sat back down and began the ultrasound, the steady sound of a heartbeat echoing around the room, Meredith smiling slightly.

"Is it okay?" So far she had been referring to the baby as an it due to not knowing the gender, Addison grinning.

"Your baby is in perfect health, no worries at all" Cristina sat up, looking at the monitor, Meredith gripping her hand for the upmost support.

"How far along is she?" Addison laughed, looking at Meredith.

"You are just over a month along, how did you not notice sooner?" She rose her eyebrows in shock, not believing she had never caught on sooner.

"I don't know. This means I can only perform surgery for another month" She cringed, not liking the pace at which everything was moving.

"Well I will make sure you scrub in on every surgery I can get you on, and I will get Bailey to do the same for you"

"Thank you Addison" Meredith was wondering why the woman was being so nice to her, Addison smiling, printing off the ultrasound picture for Meredith.

"I want you to come and get a check up when you finish your last surgery and then we will make more appointments onwards, is that okay? And also if you feel like anything is wrong come and see me straight away" She nodded, rubbing the cream off and sitting up, fixing her top.

"Put me down as her medical proxy just in case anything goes wrong" Cristina said, Addison nodding as she noted it down.

"Any questions?" Meredith shook her head, Addison smiling and leaving the room.

"Cristina, I'm pregnant" Cristina looked at Meredith, the terrified look on her face concerning.

"I know, I saw. Are you okay?" She shook her head, resting it in her hands.

"I am pregnant with a mans baby who can't even look at me. How am I supposed to do this?"

"You have me, and Mark. And George, Izzie and Alex will help. You have Bailey and Chief. It's going to be fine okay?" She nodded, standing up and heading out the room.

"I have to consult back with Chief, will you come around to Mark's later?" She nodded, watching as Meredith walked away. I could kill McAssHole.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

After informing Richard of her condition, he let her and Mark off for the rest of the day to get settled in his apartment. Mark pulled up outside her house, knowing she needed to pack her essentials.

"If you forget anything I can always pick it up when you need it" She nodded, leaving him in the living area while she ran upstairs to pack a suitcase and a few bags full of her things. 45 minutes later she was trekking down the stairs with the bags, Mark taking them off her to put in the car.