IV

Agitated ChatNoir began calling her. She saw her eyes narrow and then gently open.

When he called her one last time, he caught his attention by making her jump.

"Did you sleep well Princess?" Now forgive me, but I have my Queen to save... "Marinette noticed a tremor in her voice, like when she tries to hold back her tears; this was confirmed by her shining eyes. She noticed agitation in her movements, and when she was about to leave, she grabbed his tail.

"Forgive me, but if I found you in the package, it means she is still in danger."

"Don't go alone"

"I must go!"

"I'm sure. Is fine! Now if you wait here, it will come and you will fight together "

"She is trapped underwater and I have left her alone!" she felt almost assaulted by that anger. She froze to see him in that state for the first time, as a tear finally released from her grip.

"Just call her"

"Just call her?" he repeated with an inquisitive air, approaching delicately "What are you hiding from me, do you know LadyBug?"

"I feel she is safe. Trust me!"

"How can you be so sure?"

"Wait here, please."

She sighed loudly, staring at the ceiling again. The snow continued to fall from that crack he created.

How long could he wait?

How long had he been unconscious?

He looked at Marinette, felt he was transmitting fear to her, tried to calm down, to free himself from her agitation. He opened the cane and tried to call LadyBug.

"If she doesn't answer, I'll go and look for her right away!"

He slowly saw Marinette sneak behind the Christmas tree.

"If he went alone and were imprisoned, I wouldn't know how to find him ..."

"Don't you think he's too close?"

"Tikki transform me."

ChatNoir, meanwhile, had gone back, approaching the opposite end of the tree where he had hidden, a wreath with red packets, bows and snowmen had been placed nearby.

A strange decoration to find on a Christmas tree. He touched her gently to analyze a decor of her, but fell. When he grabbed it to try to put it back in place, he thought of his hands perfectly separated from each other to hold it, joined by the same task, but not close, as he and LadyBug: united in the same mission, but separated by a wall. invisible, like Marinette and him at that precise moment. Separated by a giant Christmas tree.

She could hear a voice inside him repeating to destroy him, cut down that tree and reach for her.

He didn't want to do it. Destroying such an important symbol had been impossible once before, he would not have done it again.

Despite this, something inside him pushed him under the dim snow to drop that wreath, pronounce "cataclysm" and destroy that wall that separated him from her. She who was not only Marinette, but also Ladybug. Something inside him knew where to find her. When that poor tree turned to dust and only the wreath remained of that symbol, he saw Marinette finish her transformation into Ladybug.

A jolt of the heart stopped him.

She felt something different behind her and when she turned around, she was shocked by his gesture.

"ChatNoir, what have you done?"

She had always been by her side both as Marinette and as Ladybug. It just needed a push to destroy those barriers. She knew she feared she had been seen. She wanted to hide it, her voice trembling, her agitation. He knew, but she didn't want to know, because another invisible wall separated them ... it was forbidden to know their identities. The why was another wall to be destroyed.

«We know Insettina, you create and I destroy. Did you see Marinette by chance? "

"Sure, she was the one who called me ..."

"Sure," she smiled, thinking about how much she wanted to throw it all back at him.

"Well I'm sure you'll be able to fix the mess your kitten has made, but first you have to defeat the bad guy."

"Look who we have here!"

"What timing!" ChatNoir said, when Séparateur floated behind her, with a somersault, he grabbed LadyBug carrying her up, taking shelter in one of the recesses that supported the dome.

"What's your plan, Marilady?"

"Marilady?"

he shrugged, smiling. She threw the lucky charm and received a pair of scissors again. When the akumized man began to look for them among the various terraces of the gallery, ChatNoir jumped behind her, taking back the wreath.

"Do you know what I love most? Prepare Christmas presents, "she said, drawing the villain towards her, thrusting half of his body hard into the wreath. At the same time, LadyBug plundered her table, grabbed by ChatNoir. With her yoyo Ladybug, she finally captured Papillon's victim and once they got to the ground, she cut the base which shrunk, returning a photo split in two by her cut.

"Bye Bye Little Butterfly," she said, making everything go back to normal.

"Well done!"

The photo, the stained glass window, the tree, the vigilante, everything went back to the way it was before.

ChatNoir threw some mistletoe near her Lady, she turned her head mischievously. When he pouted, LadyBug smacked him on the cheek leaving him satisfied, while she could stare at the last of the snowflakes.

"See you again at Disneyland Paris," he whispered.

Before she could open her mouth, he walked away with the blinking sound of his ring.

Marinette's doubts on her return from Adrien assailed her. Had ChatNoir seen it ?.

When she returned to the bathroom, coming in through a window, she opened the door, she found Adrien ready to wait for her.

«As you can see, they solved everything. It took you a long time to arrive ... "

"Coming from where?"

"In your opinion, Marilady?"

He left her like that, making a sign of silence and a wink.

Her Gorilla had returned for him.

Once in the car Plagg came out from under his jacket.

"Was it you who pushed me to do it?"

"Destroying is my job."

"He left me the greatest gift I could imagine. She has always been by my side, and now I know. Someday Papillon will be defeated and I will be able to tell her everything I feel. In the meantime, I will enjoy my Lady both on ordinary days and on challenging days".

Plagg stared at the photo with him. Adrien could not have known, but there they weren't alone in that shot.

"I should have locked them in a room alone like LadyBug did with the two of us!" Alya pronounced looking at her dazed friend, kneeling on the snowy ground.