Chapter 1

a/n: pain is eternal and life has no meaning. this is satire.

          "Fuck me harder, Sans. Harder."

          The Once-ler moaned into the skeleton's ear (he doesn't have one I know) and Sans bites his neck, leaving a purple bruise. Sans's grip on his arm got tighter as he mercilessly pounds the smaller twink beneath him. The two men were both reaching their limits, their eyes filled with lust for one another. With each thrust, the Once-ler moaned, each one louder than the other. 

          Sans was clearly turned on by this and fills his partner's ass with his seed. The Once-ler lets out a shaky gasp, clearly surprised by the sudden warmth he felt down there. But he didn't mind. He gave Sans a sloppy kiss and hugged him tighter. They were both sweaty and panting. Shaking. Out of breath.

          Sans felt weak on his knees and slowly removed his dick from the Once-ler's bussy, which was overflowing with his cum. The Once-ler felt pure bliss. He has never been this happy since he last fucked the Lorax two years ago. He closed his eyes as he felt Sans lie down beside him. His skeleton boyfriend gave a him wide smile. This made the Once-ler blush hardly. He leans in and kisses him on the forehead. "I love you so much," Sans whispered, his pale face now flushed with pink. The Once-ler smiles back.

          "I love you too."

-----------------------------------

          The Once-ler woke up with a start. He turned his head and looked at his alarm clock. 2 am, it reads. It's so early, he thought. The green capitalist yawned and turned his body to hug his boyfriend beside him. But instead of Sans, he felt the cold Thneed sheets of his bed. There was no one beside him. He blinked again and again, hoping to see Sans. Hoping that his eyes were merely playing tricks on him. Nothing changed. All he sees is the empty side of the bed. Its pillows untouched. No signs of anyone sleeping there. 

          Sans wasn't here. No, this can't be. The Once-ler stands up, desperately trying to find his lover, or who he assumed to be his lover. The bathroom: no one. The kitchen: no one. His house was empty. He felt empty. All that happened last night was merely just a wet dream. The Once-ler sighs and sits back down onto his bed. "Fuck this..," he mutters to himself. "Fuck everything. I'm so fucking done right now." He was now shaking, tears almost forming in his eyes. "Why can't I just get over him? I know he'll never love me back.." The Once-ler grabs a photo of Brandon Fraser on his nightstand and stares at it longingly. "I wish you were here dad, you'd know how to cheer me up." 

          He knows Sans would never be interested in him. He knows this, and it's painful. Plus, he has a company to run. He has no time for silly things like a love life. Being in a relationship would get in the way of his Thneed business. It would only distract him. His short-lived relationship with the Lorax was proof of that. He promised never to love again. And yet..

          The Once-ler laid his head down on his pillow and sobbed silently. It's hard falling in love when you're a multi-billionaire capitalist who destroyed every tree in the country. 

          His mind yearns for money, but his heart yearns for love. 

          He can never have both at the same time.