Chapter 5: One's Amplitude

In the vast land where only trees surround us, we arrived in the middle of that open space. The cold air crashes on my skin, which sends shivers all over my body. It's not even winter and yet, the wind is extremely cold.

"This is it,"

"H-Hey, are you sure this is allowed?" Arata asked with a hint of worry in his voice.

'Don't worry, don't worry! this is just an open space unowned by anybody!"

He lets out a boasy laugh. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is allowed but, it really seems like an isolated place unowned by anybody.

"Anyway, why don't we start by showing off our amplitudes?"

"I'll go first then!" Hina said in her eager tone.

With Haruto agreeing, She walked in the front and took a deep breath, and let it out. Her face changed to a serious one almost immediately before she summoned a staff, which I assumed was her weapon, and I was right. A staff with a thin base and flowered-shaped iron at the end of that staff.

She held it tightly with both of her hands, then, raised it high to the air, adjusting her grip, and then, she chanted loudly,

"Arise!"

Not long after, several rose vines emerged from the ground, then slowly and gradually swirl around, forming what seemed like a rising vortex made of vines. Then, the swirling vines swiftly spread all around.

It seems like the vines follow the movement of her staff. If she moved her staff to the side, the vines will follow. If I were to be awfully honest, her magic is something that can't be a threat in the future.

"How's that?!" She said, looking proud at what she did.

"That was great!"

"Oh my, I guess I'll go next."

Airi then stepped upfront as Hina walked back to her place. Ice amplitude is something I should be cautious of. I use a fire amplitude but Ice can be controlled in many different ways, one is freezing the opponent, one can melt but what if your whole body is frozen? It will stop the energy, as well as your organs and blood from running throughout your body and that will be the end for you.

Before starting, she entered a particular stance, before closing her eyes and slowly floating in the air. I didn't think such magic exist. Once in mid-air, she then waved her hand, summoning her weapon in front of her. It was a book of some sort.

The pages of the book turned and turned as she continuously waved her hand, seemingly looking for the right page. Stopping after what seemed like a minute, she extends her hand with her index and middle finger pointed straight, and her palms facing down.

With no chants, she swung her arm downward, causing numerous Ice crystals to pop out of the ground, sharp-pointed ice crystals. Then at her command, she summons more, they pop out in rapid succession and eventually form a circle of ice around her.

No wonder she's in class A. I honestly did not expect her to be this good.

Then, she spreads her arms out, and in the next instance, all the ice simultaneously shattered into small pieces and releases a huge gust of cold wind all around her surroundings before she slowly lowered herself to the ground and closed her books.

"W-Wow,"

Everyone has their mouth wide open in amusement, but Kyouko is, as usual, her serious eyes don't seem astonished. Is she really that emotionless? I'm not sure, but my gut definitely tells me that there's something that Kyouko is hiding.