chapter one "welcome!"

♡ Part one! I hope you enjoy readers! ♡
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-Chapter one-

The sound of a child crying echos through the alleyway. The little child rubs their eyes as their crys get harder , rain pouring down onto them making their fluffy hair all wet and flat. Footsteps approach the child. "why might you be crying sweetheart?"

A man says bending down holding an umbrella above them. The child flinches looking up at the man tears rolling down their Cheeks. "N-nothing sir..." they mumble whipping their eyes. The child's sleeves slide down revealing their arms bruised up and bloody , new and old scares.

The man narrows his eyes a bit before closing them and slyly smiling holding out his empty hand. "Why don't we get you healed sweetheart? Your cuts will sting more if you stay out in the rain" the child hastily looks up at the man their eyes shinning with untrust.

"I won't hurt you , I promise with my life" the man say's bringing his hand to his chest continuing to slyly smile. He brings his hand back down , the child nervously puts their small and bruised hand into the man's hand.

The man smirks and helps the kid stand up. Once they start leaving the alley they walk down the sidewalk , the kid limping besides the man. "Ah i never asked sweetheart ,"

The man starts as he looks down at the child the child looking back. "What might your name be?" The child blinks bringing their other hand to their chest. "W-why don't you tell me y-your name first...?"

The man hums and smiles. "I guess that would be fair ," he say's chuckling a bit turning back to looking forward. The child tilts their head looking at the man , confusion and curiosity shown through their eyes and face.

"My name is mori. It's a pleasure to meet you sweetheart" mori says looking back down at the child and smiling sweetly. The child blinks looking down at the wet payment. "Mori....." the child mumbles as mori nods and smiles looking forward once again. "Mhm , that's my name , how about you tell yours?"

The child squeezes mori hand softly as they look back at each other. "Call me Velvette...for short uh chrisk.. i-its a pleasure to meet you m-mr...mori..?"

Velvette stutter as mori hums and nods along. "Well otosako , why don't you stay with me?" Velvette eyes widen as they pull their hand away stumbling into the floor cutting their palm. Mori stops walking turning back and looking down at him.

"T-that would be t-to bothersome wouldn't it.... please I don't want to be any trouble..." he stutters as mori bends down a bit holding out his empty hand.

"You can repay me if you don't want to be much for a bother" his eyes widen a bit as they look up at mori.

"...w-" he chockes on their words , they're not use to kindness , everyone they resented them , but it wasn't their fault was it now?

Velvette gulps as they reach out their bloody hand placing it onto mori hand nodding hesitantly. Mori smirks pulling up Velvette into a small hug his hand resting onto him. "You'll repay me with your power. You're an ability user correct?"

His eyes widen as his arms go limp. The pain is catching up to him. Although he won't physically show he is exhausted. "H-how-" mori hums and continues to softly stroke Velvette hair. "I knew who you were before we met dear , I've been searching for you for so long , you'll live happy if you work for me , I promise you"

Velvette legs start to shake. He's going to pass out soon , he trys to push away from mori but he's to weak or maybe mori is to strong? He gives up on struggling and goes limp everything going dark , although he never hits the hard payment , did someone save him? Or did it not hurt anymore?

He should of accepted mori deal , he's going to be alone again. The loneliness kills him everything second he stays , he wants the light , but will it burn him if he ever does get the light?

A faint voice echos through Velvette empty mind those words blind him with the darkness "𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂. 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑓𝑖𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑝 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑪𝒐𝒑𝒚𝒄𝒂𝒕"

Those strange words , they feel right, but isn't the light suppose to save him? The light is a good thing right? What if the darkness is his home? It feels right being engulfed by the darkness. Is this the way it's ment to be?'

"𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

◇ That is all I have for now! I hope you enjoyed chapter one! ◇