Chapter 3- A Little Bit Broken

When my eyes fell upon a handsome man. Jake whispered "Mate." In my head but the man didn't meet eyes with me but my best friend. I pushed her towards him. Jake probably just was saying that my mate was here. That couldn't be him.

Kelly and him met in the middle and they started to talk. I started to recognize who it was it was our Alpha's son Damien. He hadn't been here in years. We were okay friends when we were younger. Then, he had left to boarding school where the Alphas in waiting go.

My heart lurched as they hugged each other and nuzzled the others neck. Damien had just turned 18 two months ago and now here they were. They would make a great couple.

I smiled at them searching the room wondering where my mate was. Maybe he was behind Damien? I do not know. "You never listen." Jake said in my head.

"Oh like you're any better?" I rolled my eyes. "Besides, I don't know what you are talking about."

I knew he had rolled his eyes. "Like you are going to listen to me when I say who your mate is." My mind and heart quinched and felt like a sharp pain. I looked over at my best friend and Damien.

He had his hands around her waist totally engrossed in what was her. Her eyes were bright with life and love for the man in front of her. There was a circle of love around them encasing them in a hug. They looked stunning together. "He will treat her right, Jake. They will take care of each other."

"Why? Now? Of all times to be selfless. This is the time for you to be selfISH." I whimpered slightly and looked around. Nobody noticed my whimper my hand rubbing my arm as if I was cold.

"Maybe we will get another chance. I know you miss yours but, I can't just steal him now."

I shook my head as I put on my smile waving at the people I knew if they even looked like they were looking my way. I'd get a smile and a nod in return. I made my way to the bar slightly tripping on the carpet bubble on the floor. I caught myself on a table steadying myself.

I looked around trying to make sure no one saw it when my eyes met with a man at the table I was infront of. I stood frozen. Curse my clumsiness. He winked at me and made a zipping motion over his lips. He was calm and unaffected by the meaning of this whole gathering. I let out a breath and smiled slightly heading to my original destination. Taking a seat on a bar stool. My eyes wandering more around the room.

"What would you like Rosella?" My eyes found Luke. He was figuring out what exactly he wanted and who he was. I thought of him as a hard working neeeeeeerd. Who just needed a sweet woman to take care of him. Not I though. I didn't like him like that. We had dated but our breakup was mutual. We just enjoyed each others company.

I beamed at him he always was trying to help me smile. "Wine please?" I pouted at him being silly as he chuckled getting me a drink.

"Rough night already?" I grinned grimacing in my head as it pounded with all the emotions in the room. My heart hurting and pulling in one direction.

"I am good. Don't worry, Luke." I smiled at him taking the drink. "I just think I'm going to go find my seat."

"Later, Rose!" He called after me serving a couple who couldn't keep their eyes of each other. I smiled finding my seat near the back I was glad it was in a corner. I smiled seeing my friends having fun.

My head started to pound. Full of
Jealousy. I looked around notcing a few men and women staring daggers at different people. Oh so it was that part of the night, huh?

"You know there is still a chance right?" Jake could see what I see when he felt like it as I could him. Right now he was in the living room a movie playing on the screen as my mom snored on the couch from exhaustion.

My eyes found their way to Damien and Kelly. "He isn't mine to claim, Jake." A sharp pain hit my heart and the thread that linked me towards him broke. Damien shook his head a lil and kissed Kelly's cheek.

They were made for each other more than I was for him anyways. Jake whimpered at me as I got up going towards the room I would stay in at the event. The room was 224 and I had been to the hotel where the event was held before. My things would be in my room.

My head spun as I tried to stand, but I ignored it. If my father could be on his 3rd chance mate then I could handle this shit.

I walked towards the door the room spinning slightly. My wine glass tight in my hand. We don't get affected by alcohol unless it has a special something added besides I had only had half a glass.

Once I was out of the hall, my hands found their way to the wall leaning against it. I could smell someone behind me and let go of the wall like nothing was wrong looking back to see no one there.

I chuckled a lil "I'm starting to feel things Jake. I... I think I need you." I was not one to ask for help but my legs buckled a lil as I tried to make it to the elevator.

"Be there soon, princess." He said.

"I feel so weak." I whispered to him the emotions from the other room and the broken bond creeping on me.

I stepped into the elevator almost falling before I grabbed the railing. I felt like I was being watched but rubbed the feeling off.

"Rosella, everything will be ok." I saw him at the doors to the hotel slipping through the doggie door and he walked over to me to not cause a distraction.

People were allowed to have their wolves with them. But, they were to stay away from the events so no one would get confused. His head nudged my leg as he looked up at me a tear falling onto his head as the doors shut.

He whimpered at me and I whimpered back. I had regected my mate but he was also hers. I stumbled out of the elevator landing on the floor.

The key card feel onto the floor and my body shifted. My dress and shoes resting against the floor. The now empty glass of wine lying on the floor a little staining the red carpet.

Jake picked my dress and shoes up going to the room. I tried to get up but my legs wouldn't support me. "No, Rose." He said as he got the key card in his mouth opening the room. He reached up putting the top lock in the way of the door closing "My turn to take care of you."

I whimpered as he nuzzled underneath me putting me on his back. My body started to hurt more than my first or second shift. It stung but all I could do was whimper.

I didn't have the strength to look around the room. I knew that there was a queen sized bed and a big doggie bed at the end of it. He let me lay on him as we curled up and cuddled.

I tried to fall asleep but couldn't my body in pain as I whimpered and shook a little I pain. He licked my cheek whispering sweet nothings to me as I couldn't hear what he would say.