🌸ℍ𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕙𝕒𝕜𝕚 𝔸𝕌🌸

SYNOPSIS: Ochako is in love with Izuku but is conflicted in whether he loves her or not. Due to these conflictions, she is then diagnosed with the hanahaki disease. A disease which is from the consequence of one sided love which results in the growth of petals and flowers within their lungs where one could die unless the disease is surgically removed (removing all romantic emotions along with it) or if a confession from the heart (whether action or words) Is presented from the one who caused this diagnoses. The question is constantly ringing in Ochako's head. Does Deku love her? Or is she just a mere friend in his eyes?

She felt it sneaking up on her throat, but this time it was different. The bile felt thinner and it was laced with something soft. But what?

She didn't waste any time, and ran straight to the joint bathroom of her dorm room, kneeling down in front of the toilet seat. And coughing. Her lungs were constantly being hijacked as she coughed continuously, desperately gasping for air. The vomit wasn't the only thing she had thrown up in the toilet seat.

There was blood. Blood with a single... petal (?) smothered in even more blood.

She reached in, and carefully pinched the petal, lifting it up. Ochako trudged towards the sink to wash her hands, rinse out her mouth and clean the petal. The petal's colour was a strange shade of pale pink, and a lime shade was etched to its outside. Peculiar indeed. But then again, it had been drenched in blood, and bile beforehand. Surely that had some sort of effect on the pigment of this fine 'specimen'.

She couldn't continue like this! Her condition had gotten worse. And the petal itself was quite bizarre. She needed to find out what was happening to her.

¤¤¤

Hanahaki disease. That's what this strange phenomenon was. A devastating result of one-sided love. Ochako frowned. What could have caused this? But Ochako knew the answer as well as she knew how much money was in her budget. The cold, melancholy truth dawned upon her.

Her beloved Izuku didn't see her the same way. She was just a mere friend in his eyes. Nothing more. Nothing less. She sighed and grabbed a mask from her desk to cover her mouth with. It wasn't contagious - the disease - but she didn't want to parade around, openly displaying her broken heart to everyone. Especially not to him...

¤¤¤

"Hey Ochako! Did you hear?!", a cheerful, enthusiastic voice called her. Her head perked up at the direct address of her name. She cocked her head to the side, and furrowed her eyebrows, indicating for the speaker to continue. The speaker was one of her close friends, Mina Ashido. A girl with crazy, puffy, pink hair and deep, black eyes which illuminated with a yellow orb, scattered in golden specs.

"We're going to have a school dance! We may be a hero school, but we're still a high school and UA thought that we should be able to live our lives as normal teenagers!" Mina remarked with an ecstatic smile and a joyous face of hers. Ochako, with the attempt of forgetting the previous events, tried to force herself to smile back. However, that smile never reached her eyes. Mina frowned at her absurd attempt to smile, but was immediately distracted as she noticed Ochako's instinctive gaze wander to Izuku.

Izuku - like his usual self - was furiously scribbling down all the notes from their previous class into his 'Hero Analysis' notebook. He never seemed to change, thought Ochako. Her eyes flared as she saw Tsuyu, who stalked over to Izuku. She stared over their lively and animated conversation, and her heart began to clench and ache.

But there was something else. She felt some tiny, uncontrollable ruptures emerge from her lungs. With no time to lose, Ochako leapt up from her chair and immediately ran past Izuku and Tsuyu, trying to cover her mouth despite wearing a mask. She could not let this happen in front of Izuku. Both people looked perplexed at Ochako's sudden escape, and Izuku's face was sewn with concern and worry.