🌸𝔹𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕜𝕦𝕡🌸

SYNOPSIS: Izuku forgets a special someone's birthday and starts to question whether he's at fault in the relationship. Future AU and pro hero AU. Don't worry! no real breakup and this is a special for Ochako's birthday! Inspired by the Izuocha doujinshi "Lifeline"

What had disturbed Todoroki the most was not the usual consistent muttering of his patrol partner Deku. Instead it was the absence of the muttering. The eerie silence that loomed on Midoriya's lips caused chills to run down Todoroki's spine. Did he forget what day it was today? And it was almost midnight!

"Midoriya," Todoroki's voice was still monotone like back in their high school years. The sternness in Todoroki's voice caused Midoriya to turn around and acknowledge him.

"Todoroki- Kun, We're on hero duty so you have to call me by my hero name, remember?" Midoriya panicked and looked around to see if anyone had heard.

The last thing he needed was for someone to find their real names and hold their families as hostages. Many heroes revealed their real names but Midoriya kept it a secret for the sake of protecting his beloved mother and now his dear wife, Ochako Uraraka. Mind you, Ochako Midoriya. Neither had grown used to her taking on Midoriya's last name so whenever anyone would address her as "Mrs Midoriya" she would still blush profusely like the years of her youth (not that she was old, 22 was acknowledged as quite a young age). Todoroki on the other hand has his father as a pro hero so the name "Todoroki" was already too popular for Shoto himself to control. And above all that he still kept his first name as his hero name. Some would say it was due to his lack of imagination whilst others would say he wanted his name known.

"Right, um... Deku?" Todoroki nodded in embarrassment. He couldn't really relate to Midoriya in this sense so he lacked understanding of the use of hero names other than them sounding "cool" and "flashy". But neither of the reasons matched why Midoriya had come up with being known as Deku despite their years of friendship.

"Yes, Shoto," Midoriya had emphasised Todoroki's name. Unlike Todoroki, Midoriya wondered the exact opposite of him. Why did Todoroki choose his regular name? Why did he not pick a flashy hero name? Did he maybe do this to show that he isn't like his father? Whatever the reason, Midoriya had chosen not to pry or interrogate. Their friendship was built on respect and trust. To ask such a personal question would certainly be appalling.

"Haven't you got plans today?"

"What do you mean? My schedule is all clear, I don't have anything that I can think of. Why do you ask?" Midoriya had begun to ramble but this time it was kept drastically shorter than usual.

Todoroki blinked. So he had forgotten. "Well it's the 27th of December so....."

"So?" Midoriya raised his eyebrows. What was up with Todoroki? What could be so special about today?

"*sigh* Haven't you got someone waiting for you at home?"

And then it all clicked. The pieces were finally being put together. He had forgotten something very important.

"Todoroki-Kun, What's the time!?" Midoriya exclaimed, fumbling for his phone.

"You're dropping formalities already?"

"This isn't the time!" Midoriya growled as the screen of his phone flashed on and the digits were displayed.

"Bakugou seems to be rubbing off on you," Todoroki mumbled.

"What's Kacchan got to do with this?" Midoriya asked, puzzled.

"He doesn't! Your attitude does, though."