welcome!! (ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚'★,。・:*:・゚'☆

so! would one look at that

so! would one look at that.... the years continue, as do my artbooks.
either way, welcome to my fifth artbook, dedicated to the year of 2022!! i hope you'll enjoy yourselves ^-^

if you are curious about my other four artbooks, here's a small listing of the ones so far >w<

roots (2017/2018)
drops (2019)
leaves (2020)
jade (2021)
★ malachite (2022) ★

roots (2017/2018)drops (2019)leaves (2020)jade (2021)★ malachite (2022) ★

now that the initial greeting is over... let's have a bit of a chat!

as you may or may not have noticed over the time in my previous artbook, my art changed quite a bit! not gonna lie, yeeting the soft shading outta there was the best decision i made so far, when it comes to art style >w<

i mean... just look at that difference:

i am finally going in a direction, where i am proud of the things i create and i am willing to create more

i am finally going in a direction, where i am proud of the things i create and i am willing to create more. not too sure if i said it on wattpad somewhere, but i felt like shit when it came to my art in 2020...
i liked where my style was headed, but as soon as it came to rendering it just.... felt wrong. whenever i shaded a portrait it didn't look good. or at least not the way i knew it could look.

either way, now that i can confidently say: "yep. that's how i wanna draw for now." and trusting that i can consistently deliver pieces on a high level of quality, i wanna have some fun.

what do i mean by that? well.... i want to branch out a bit more.... have more fun with backgrounds, drawing creatures, buildings, landscapes and all that.
in addition to that i want to experiment more with perspective and colour schemes, trying to get a somewhat rough and abstract appeal to places i see fit. similarly i want to draw more illustrations. at the moment i mainly focus on character half-bodies for my novels and comic, but redrawing drown, lost and empty really was an eye-opener for me, when it comes to less character-centered pieces.

i also want to do more traditional work.... but i say that every year and never create anything outside of my sketchbook, so please take that with a grain of salt ^-^"

now... i also have some larger projects planned for the upcoming year. remember when i announced that i wanted to write a book that contains lore and information about mesoria? yeah, i scrapped that idea and am currently working on a website, that should hopefully be more fit for that task ^-^
not too sure when that is going to launch though, but keep your watch out for that >w<

i also want to work on crystal bones. i initially wanted to write two book series... "paladin" and "crystal bones" which are essentially telling the same story, but on the one side with cevronds view and on the other side with ruindirs view.
but then.... well, then it hit me. and ever since i've been preparing to turn crystal bones into a webcomic. the process is very slow and i'm still not too sure how exactly i should colour the whole thing efficiently but... here's a WIP of the first batch of panels :)

 here's a WIP of the first batch of panels :)

yeah... really excited to continue working on that, and i hope you guys share at least a bit of that excitement with me ^-^

anyways!

website, comic.... ah yes! nearly forgot the upcoming revival of my youtube channel!
for the longer period of my art, i was unable to record my drawings because my laptop was slowly but surely dying on me :')
with the new laptop i often was too lazy to record anything, and even if.. the motivation to edit it was usually rather low.
and whilst there won't be a speedpaint for every drawing i make, i do plan on sharing a few of them with you, maybe even with commentary.... depending on whether or not i'll get myself a proper mic soon >w<

but most importantly: i will always continue to work on new projects and ideas and i will always lore-dump in chapters. so whilst it may sound like i'm gonna change a ton... this still will be a comfy little creative-space for both you and me :)

so welcome, my little saplings, to malachite!

i'm more than excited to see where this year and it's artistic journey are going to take me, and i am looking forward, to sharing this part of my creative journey with you guys, yet again :)