8 The river in reverse

"Due to personal reasons

"Due to personal reasons....I won't be giving a fuck ever again"

I laugh, leaning on the doorframe to Klaus's office as I munch on popcorn and watch the two bicker. 

I hug Cami goodbye, when she walks away from Klaus and then enter and take a seat as he paces.

"I'm sure one day, Cami will be a great psychologist, especially from the way she analyses it." I say, taking a bunch from the bowl and stuffing it into my mouth. 

"And pray tell how do you know that?" he asks, as he rubs his temple.

"Cause I used to be one" I smirk when this seems to grab his attention.

"And what, now your gonna repeat the same things she said" he grumbles.

"No. What she said may have been true, but it had a lot of grey area. She doesn't know how you were conceived. She doesn't know about the mental and physical abuse you went through. She doesn't know about the sweet, innocent boy you once were. 

She may have scratched the surface but she knows nothing of you. And no, that doesn't mean what you did in your past was right. It mean's that what you did in your past is the reflection of what happened to you.

Every cruel thing you do, was in some way done to you. The way you continue to degrade and demine your siblings is the same as what your father did to you. But underneath the Klaus exterior is Niklaus Mikealson. A hybrid. A warrior. A king. A soon to be father. A painter. A man" I say, and his eyes seem to be glassy as we stare at each other.

I lean closer and peck his forehead before exiting the room, leaving him to his thoughts. 

TIME SKIP

It's not normal for a 100+ vampires to all be moving, trying their best to be discreet, into the quarter. I recognized their motive and found myself walking towards the building. I could hear the sounds of who I assumed to be Klaus getting beaten and hurt in all kinds of ways and that made my blood boil.

So I enjoyed the sudden silence, except for the clapping of my heels against the pavement. Again, big fan of being dramatic, I entered the the Abattoir, my fists clenching at the sight of Klaus being held by chains.

"Eden, what the bloody hell are you doing here" Rebekah asked, nervousness laced in her voice.

"I'm here to help him" at this, Klaus head arose, his eyes flashing to his hybrid ones. Mine did as well, as we began to growl, inhumanely.

 Mine did as well, as we began to growl, inhumanely