7

"Hurry Levi, hurry!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming."

"No quick! We're going to miss the bus!"

"Explain to me why you don't have a car, again?"

You huffed in annoyance, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me down the street, the rain pressing against our backs. You squealed and I just laughed at you, because no matter what you did I couldn't help but think how adorable it was.

In this case, how drenched we became, and how the rain seemed to tame your tangled hair.

"Look! There it is!"

I glanced down the street to where you were pointing and saw the bus, and picked up speed. This time it was me pulling you, so I stopped, pulled you onto my back, and started sprinting.

You squealed from the rain and from my gesture, curling your arms around my neck and tightening your calves around my waist.

"Mr. Bus Driver! Wait!" You called.

The driver flashed its red lights at us and we sighed. We finally reached the bus and I slid you off my back, and we entered the vehicle without a second thought.

"Well that was exciting."

You laughed, pushing some wet strands of hair out of your face and beaming up at me. "Thanks for the ride."

I smiled. "Anytime."

We stood like that for a couple seconds, staring at each other. The bus lurched, causing you to stumble into my chest. I caught you and you looked up at me apologetically. A strand of hair flopped into your face, so I reached out and tucked it behind your ear.

A red tint covered you cheeks, and then you stepped away.