Chapter Three

The waiting room was quite. Empty.
I guess he must skedual his patients in, in quite a spaced out fashion.
It was silent, dead silent, the room was elegant, lights as to be not too bright, dimness complemented the room.
Although the decor did implement an air of class and seriousness.
In the corner was a blood red vase, standing quite tall. Glazed to be uneven pieces of porus pottery peaking through the thinner layers of glaze. Arranged quite carefully were dried flowers. To be honest the arrangement was quite odd.

Couldn't piece together the message the flowers were trying to send.

Black roses, Black dahlias, Wolfs bane, orange lillys and a few other twigs and leaves.

From my days of working in grandma's flower shop, I could tell none of those flowers were intended to be given as a gesture of love or gratitude.

A wretched old lady but a master in the art of flower arrangements.

Picking at the hem of your Jumper hoping time would past faster. As the nervousness grew larger and the room seemed darker. The quietness seemed to act like a void. Any noise that came from you seemed amplified, any swallowing of nervous air, sniffles or a shift in the fabric of your clothing. Every noise seemed to want to spite your mission to stay as quite as possible.

"Hello, y/n" as the door opened and out stepped Dr. Lector.
"Hopefully you found the waiting room to be quite adequate, well why don't you come on inside"
He gestures while holding the door open.

Sitting on the couch opposite of him. Bag on and Jumper on the coat stand next to the entrance.

The feeling of vulnerability washing over you, spine shivers run up and down your body.
No Jumper to pick at, nowhere to hide, front and center.

Hannibal piercing eyes staring right into your soul, no matter what way you looked, it always followed.

"So y/n, you decided to contact me. What can I help you with?"

To be honest I didn't even know. All that time in the waiting room and weeks leading up to the appointment and nothing.
"Well, um. I'm not quite sure to be honest. I don't know why I booked myself in here"

"Try to relax y/n. You look awfully ridged, even more so then the night we met. I assure you that this is a safe place for you"

And with that you let out a breath and slouched ever so slightly.
Words less like suggestions and more like instructions.
You knew that wasn't true but it was in your nature to follow the leader.

"I guess I made this appointment because I felt like it."
Spoken quietly with a small shoulder shrug at the end.
Eyes casted downwards staring at everything, mainly avoiding eye contact.

"sorry if I'm wasting your time, I'm sure this time could have been used by someone who needs it more."

"no, your not wasting anyone's time. This is your time and you came here for a reason." Hannibal replies.
"we both know there's a deeper reason on why you decided to seek help"

Huh I guess that's true. My hypothesis has now been confirmed. It is indeed obvious that this is the lowest I've ever been.

"Tell me y/n. What has been haunting you, whats coming after you?"

<3 Authors note: thanks for reading this far lmaoo