I met this boy

When my mother died I was heartbroken I sat by her body shedding tears every single passing day, I had no idea how to cope, and what hurt me more was that nobody, absolutely nobody cared, not the servants nor her husband, my mom had barely even stepped foot outside this palace since her marriage, I was only 5 years old so I believed their misleading words, I believed she would awake as I was told, at first I tapped her a little multiple times a day then I would bring her food thinking she was hungry, she never ate so I thought she was very sleepy without a second thought I lay her head on a pillow, she began to smell and I found that nasty so I visited less, I came back but this time she was buried in what seemed like maggots but that didn't stop me, I shooed them away but they didn't leave so I waited, all I could do was wait.

I would normally wait outside the door but I felt thirsty so I wandered to the garden to drink from the fountain for that was the only place that provided clean water, after a rough climb I made it in, and I drank happily, "I can't wait for mother to try this" I said joyfully as I climbed back out but as luck may have it I fell, when I fell it hurt but I got back up and was about to leave until I heard a snicker, It was a boy, I had never seen him before so I thought maybe it was a newly employed servant, quite arrogant for a servant I thought. 

Hey you, what are you laughing at? I asked the boy sternly 

I'm laughing at you, of course, the servant boy replied rather impudently, how dare he? mother had always said not to let anyone walk all over you and he wouldn't be an exception so with a snarky look on my face I splashed some water on him, hmph I snickered and skipped off but I could have sworn i saw his lips curve up into a smile or maybe I was mistaken, I cared not for that, however, I just wanted to get mother some water. I came back to the garden the next day and there he was, we always fought but we seemed to enjoy each other's company.

What's Your name? he asked one day, he had never asked for my name and I never thought of asking for his so surprisingly I replied.

Bella, My name's Bella, but I didn't bother to ask for his but that didn't stop him.

Kharmen, Son of the great duke, he said, so I see, he wasn't a servant, he was from the outside, a world I had longed to see since my birth. Every day from then we hung out, played a few games, and fought a lot until I overheard it.

The queen, she's dead, isn't she? I had overheard a conversation with the servants, a conversation that left me shaking, I had refused to believe my mother was dead, she couldn't possibly be, oh dear mother please just answer me.

Beside her rotting flesh I sat, continuously whispering wake up, I had cried for days and begged for days, prayed to every god and deity I knew of until I couldn't anymore, my body gave in, if that maid had found us just a little bit late as I had later found out, I would have died, but it was peculiar how the maid found us so I inquired, it turns out little duke Kharmen had persuaded a maid to check upon the castle for he was worried about my disappearance, I scoffed at that discovery, if he was worried then I must have wings. Even if he did, I had never once revealed my identity so how did he know?

Hello Guys, Sorry for the late update, I had school <3 but quick question, should I rename this? the name's a bit cringe for me, but happy December.