Proposal

The hatred I held for my father was way too deep-rooted to just be ignored, it took every bit of the remaining strength i had to hold back the urge to kill him every time i laid my eyes on him. "Princess, where do you see yourself in 20 years?" Why did I suddenly think about that? a question Kharmen had asked during our childhood. 15 years ago...

It was a sad day for me, Even though I had gotten out of the lonely place i once called home, I had lost my one and only true family. "bad time?" a voice said suddenly, disrupting my train of thoughts, it was "khar-"

"hey princess" Little duke Kharmen said with a smile on his face.

"Bella" I said correcting him, although princess was my title, he made it sound awkward.

"ok Princess Bella, I have a question," he said, making himself comfortable in the empty space beside me in which he sat in.

"Ask" I replied

"where do you see yourself in 20 years?" He asked staring at me intensely as if i held the fate of the world in my response, i scoffed and looked away, ignoring him.

"In 20 years I see 3 people, you, me, and a child m'lady"

"what?" I turned around abruptly, in awe of what he just uttered

Now that i think about it, was that an indirect marriage proposal he had offered me? marriage? "MARRIAGE" i screamed in delight, that's right, i am of age now, i can be betrothed to whomever i saw fit, the only way to defeat my father would be to join hands with one whose power is greater than his, whom he feared from the bottom of his heart.

The only reason young duke Kharmen could waltz into the palace as he pleased was because his ancestors were the founding fathers of the kingdom, they with the help of the great sun god, Louris, had built this kingdom from the rubble it once were, but after the great ascension the dukes family had no interest in becoming royalty, they had chosen a family which had ruled for centuries, my fathers family to be the ruling family, the dukes family has the power to change kings anytime, that was the only reason my father behaved.

Yes, marrying Kharmen, future grand duke would guarantee me revenge but would he be willing?  after everything I did to him?

Somewhere in the royal gardens was a sneezing Kharmen. 

"Achoo!!" It's not cold, someone must be thinking about me again he thought 

"Young duke" A voice called behind him

"What is it?" Kharmen said sounding annoyed

"Her highness has requested an audience with you"

His annoyance had seemed to have dispersed almost immediately, his face now full of glee, he stood up with a smirk, "let's go present her with the audience she's requested now shall we?"

It's been a while since I last saw her, I wonder what insults I will be presented with this time

"let's get married," She said in the calmest manner possible

I had expected to leave this meeting flabbergasted, even in shock but this is on another level

"Princess, is this a new way you've come up with to spite me?" 

"No" She replied sternly, that look on her face, she was serious-

Authors note:

Blades of love was not dropped, Lmao

don't abandon me! TT TT