Thomas meets Newt

Minho had stayed back for the day adamat to make Thomas a runner. Alby and Newt were sick of hearing his words about it. Newt honesty didn't know who this Thomas kid was but everyone who had met said he was so kind and sweet and handsome. Even the people who have only seen him can agree that he's good looking.

Newt went to the garden to see the new glader and everyone was right, he was pretty handsome. Newt ignored him and walked away back to Alby to avoid the akward interaction that happens when you first meet someone new. Newt was never a fan of talking to new people, most people in the Glade would call him say or even socially akward and say he had social anxiety.

Newt was looking for insects to find for no reason. Everyone let Newt do what he wanted cause everyone knew that he would never hurt anything or anyone even when he's picking animals up he would never hurt them. He would look at them in amazement then put them back down and go one with his day happy with what he had found.

Thomas stumbled into the woods just ahead of Newt leaving Newt frozen in fear. Thomas fell back and cursed. Newt looked at Thomas in shock as the boy scrambled to get up. Newt back away a bit as Thomas apologized and got up and ran deeper in the woods like he was trying to find something.

Newt followed him in curiosity as Thomas came to the corner where two walls met and sat down playing with sticks building like a stick house but every two minutes or so it would fall apart but Thomas didn't mind and kept trying to build it.

Newt quietly walked away without knowing the boy who was occupied by the sticks knew he was watching him. Newt was so careful not to make any noise tho.

Hours went by and Thomas was sitting messing around with the sticks and it had started becoming dark. Everybody was worried he had ran into the maze but Thomas never dared to move from his spot. All the keepers where out looking for him and everyone else was in homestead until the keepers came back. Thomas could hear people screaming and shouting but he done his best to ignore it.

Once the doors were shut everyone thought Thomas was gone and they were all talking about it among themselves when Thomas walked out the woods leaving the keepers shocked and Newt then remembered what he had saw Thomas doing earlier.

Thomas walked past everyones shocked face and sat beside the box trying to ignore everything as he had already done the whole day. The sticks were still in his pockets. He took them out of his pockets and started going back to building with the sticks. Everyone watched him in curiosity. Thomas seemed to be in another world, a world fully and completely of his own.