episode 5.5

SCHLATT POV

Hannah had seen him.

Schlatt was panicking. The full weight of the situation hit him. The gravity of what he had just done suffocated him.

He had just finished and was wrapping up the cord and gathering his things, when he felt someone's gaze on him. He looked up and saw Hannah.

And Hannah had seen him.

LINDA POV

Linda was mingling with the other parents, waiting for the event to start, when the lights dimmed. The chatter hushed with anticipation.

The choir began to sing as the students all dressed in white began to walk down the church holding candles.

They were in two lines, walking slowly and carefully. And right down the middle came this years Lucia- Hannah?! Hannah was Lucia?

Linda couldn't believe her eyes. She carefully maneuvered her way to the front of the audience.

There her daughter was. In a beautiful white dress with a red satin ribbon around her waist, a wreath with lit candles rested on top balanced on her head as she gracefully walked down the aisle pathway created for her. And most of all, her smile. Her smile was radiant and she was stunning.

Linda felt tears come to her eyes watching her baby girl. She was an angel. Hannah caught her eye and gave her a 'mom! can you believe it?' type of smile, which she returned with a proud, encouraging one of her own.

HANNAH POV

The ceremony was over and there was a sort of after party. Hannah was ecstatic. She couldn't believe Minx would give up the honor of being Saint Lucia for her.

She received numerous compliments and praise.

"The most beautiful Lucia we've had!" A mom told her.

"Thank you." She replied shyly.

"You should be so proud." The woman said to her mother.

"Oh, I am."

"And your son, he has the voice of an angel."

"Yes, I'm very proud of him."

George smiled awkwardly, secretly looking around for Clay.

SCHLATT POV

The ceremony was over, every time he caught sight of his cousin paranoia would invade his mind. He can't let Hannah tell anyone what she saw.

His cellphone rang. "Yeah, hello?"

"Hello, August. This is Michael McChill from the Royal Court."

"Yes?"

"I just want to inform you that Her Majesty has resolved the issue of your tuition."

He froze. "W- how?"

"Well, it was Prince Clayton who asked me to look into it. The Queen said to tell you that family comes first. We have spoken to the Headmistress and the whole issue is resolved."

A Cheshire grin spread across his face. "Thanks. Thank her for me."

"Of course, I will."

He hung up and looked across the room where Clay was standing, laughing cluelessly about what was going to come.

GEORGE POV

George was zoned out, bored of the small talk from the moms and just observing the room. His heart stuttered when he saw his father. He was holding a bouquet of flowers and walking around aimlessly, like he was looking for someone. He caught his eye and Micke waved at him. George quickly turned away, hoping he'd disappear.

But he did not. He approached them and George watched as Hannah's smile dissolved.

"Wow, you look beautiful." Micke said. "Congratulations."

"What're you doing here?" Hannah said.

"I'm sorry, Hannah. I get that you don't want to see me. But, when George started showing up at my place, I thought everyone deserves a second chance."

George's breathing stopped and Hannah looked at him with betrayal in her eyes.

"George?" She said, quietly. "George, I want him to go."

Micke gave the flowers to Linda and left.

"What the hell have you done, George." Hannah felt on the verge of tears. "You promised me."

He couldn't bring himself to look at her.

CLAY POV

Clay was looking around the room for George, and spotted him with his family. There was a man there, handing some flowers to Linda. It looked tense. The man turned and left.

His cellphone vibrated. A text from a random number.

Unknown Contact:
This you?
*1 video*

Clay froze. His hands started shaking. He couldn't breathe. The noise around him turned to static as tears welled up in his eyes.

No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO!

This could not be happening. He watched the video. It was grainy, but you could clearly see what was happening. It was taken from right outside his own window. Near the end you could very clearly see George's face.

So many people had seen it. There were comments. Oh god, there were so many comments. Clay stood stoically as he read through them.

OMG THE PRINCE IS GAY!!

Someone's getting some royal dick ;)

Who's the other guy !?

Sexyy

Poor boys :/

He quickly snapped his phone off. His breathing quickened.

His secret was out.

810 words

12/7/21