Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Organizing and Evolving

Ash was up earlier than usual. He learned that he could catch a pretty nice sunrise from his roof every morning, so he was up doing that. Ash looked at the sky slowly turning bright and thought about life. "Everything is going great right now, but I can't shake something off me. If Alola has a Champion, they'll need Elite Four members. And Gym leaders along with them! But if I advocate for Gyms to be added, some people will be mad at me."

Ash groaned and threw his hands up "I just don't know!" he said loudly to no one in particular. Pikachu walked up towards him and curled up in a ball by his side. "Well, at least there's you buddy," Ash said with a smile, giving Pikachu a scratch on his ears. Pikachu jumped up in the air "Pika Pika Pika Pi Pi!" Ash looked at him and nodded. "You think I should go to the professor and ask him for advice?" Pikachu nodded "Pika!" Ash gave Pikachu a smile "Then, that's what I'll do."

About two or so hours later, Ash was walking towards the professor. Noivern was happy to give him a lift and Talonflame and Staraptor flew escort for fun. Kukui was outside, working with Empoleon and Braviary in a practice battle. Ash waved at the professor and walked towards him. Kukui smiled at Ash "Alola Champ! How are you?" Ash sighed "I'm just stressed out and need some advice. I want Alola to have gyms and a Pokemon league, but I need to balance that with tradition and the island challenge. Alola has a unique identity and we should maintain it." Kukui gave Ash a puzzled look. "Why can't you just have both exist?" Ash looked at the professor confused "What do you mean Professor?" Kukui laughed "Maybe for the league, you could enter with a full case of gym badges or all of the Z crystals." Ash paused. "Wait, professor that's an amazing idea!" Kukui shook his head "Ash, it's your league. Do what feels right." Ash jumped up in the air "Alright, I'm gonna find some gym leaders and we're gonna make Alola the strongest league in the world!" Ash ran off and Kukui shook his head. "How is it humanly possible to have that much energy"

Ash landed in Maile city, and ran straight for the "Kantonian Gym" After all, there was already an existing gym. Ash walked in and was greeted immediately by Ryuki "Ash! How are you?" Ash smiled at him. "I have an opportunity I don't think you'll want to miss yout on." Ryuki crossed his arms. "Try me" Ryuki said confidently. "I'm starting a Gym Circut in Alola and I want you to be one of the gym leaders." Ryuki looked like he had just won the lottery. "WAIT SERIOUSLY! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!" Ash smiled "Yep! I'll keep you updated, but just know you're gonna be getting a salary and benefits now." Ryuki looked like a kid on Christmas morning. "WOW, THANKS ASH!" Ash laughed "See you! I gotta go find some other gym leaders!"

Ash's next task would be an easy one. He'd establish a new gym in Melemele island, and he'd have tryouts for the other gym leaders. He'd post on social media and make sure the whole world knew about the tryouts. He'd admit the top 7 battlers in the tournament.

Here's how it went.

A notable battle was between Guzma and a girl who went by the name of Macy who used a team of fire types. Ash was so impressed with the battle of the two he offered both of them titles.
The rest of the contestants weren't really too notable. Ash was taking notes on who would be a suitable candidate when a familiar face stood above him. It was Guzma and he looked mad "Look Ash, I did this battle for fun. I have no intentions of actually being a leader." Ash smirked "Would the salary change your mind?" Guzma shook his head. "I'm a man of principles! I won't shell out to any amount of money!" Ash showed him the number on a piece of paper. Guzma's eyes widened, "WHEN DO I START!" Ash laughed. Another man stood behind Ash, and asked him kindly. "Is the leader exhibition still going on?" he had a thick accent from Hoenn. Ash shook his head. The boy dipped his head "Oh... well, I'll be leaving." Ash thought for a second and yelled out. "Wait! I have time for a battle." the boy smiled. "Really?!" Ash nodded "Really. How does three on three sound?" The boy nodded enthusiastically "Alright! Let's do this!"