THIRTY-THREE

"What happened to him?!" You grab Amede's face and search for any glimpse of life in his eyes.

Cmon...

Don't leave me

I just met you!

"He tried to hide in his hut but got shot. I don't know who shot him but I saw him collapse." Eren says putting pressure on Amede's wound.

"Rete avèm Amede." You say to him while ripping a piece of your shirt. You place it over the bleeding wound and apply pressure. (Stay with me Amede.)

I can save you

"Y/n..." He says softly before coughing. "Ale."
(Go.)

"Non, mwen ka sove ou!" You cry out. (No, I can save you!)

I can.

I will save him.

"Y/n."

Amede's eyes start to flicker before suddenly losing its color. His mouth falls agape and his body becomes heavy in your hands.

Amede?

You begin to apply cpr. Your hands pumping his chest while you release heavy breathes.

"Y/n he's gone. We need to leave."

No I'm almost there

"Y/N!" Sasha screams at the top of her lungs. "YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW."

Give me 5 more minutes

Almost there..

Sirens after sirens wail in the distance but it becomes background noise to your own problems.

Eren grabs your wrist and forces you to look at him. "Y/n! He's gone! We have to go now!"

You freeze, looking down to Amede's lifeless corpse in your hands. His blood stains your skin as you stare at his eyes. You look at Eren who has already stood up and waits for you to do the same. You return your focus to Amede and shut his eye lids before standing.

You follow after Eren as he hops in the boat and turns on the engine. He doesn't waste a second after you get in and takes off into the ocean. You sit on the bench and stare at your hands as the scene behind you fades away.

You feel something tickling your cheek and raise your hand to wipe away. It was only till this moment you realized a tear had slipped from your eyes.

•••

"How are you feeling?" You look away from the water and find Eren taking a seat in front of you.

You've been traveling for about half an hour so there's no doubt you are far from the country's shore.

"I'm alright." You lie.

He remains silent and you look at the water. There isn't much to see out here. It has gotten dark so it must be around late noon at this point.

"Here." He says giving you a can with a plastic spoon inside.

You reach for it and peek inside. It's a can of mixed fruit.

"You haven't ate for a while."

"I'm not hungry." You extend your hand out to pass him back the can.

He doesn't take it. "Eat. Please."

You blankly stare at him before taking a spoonful in your mouth. He watches you take a few spoons before speaking up.