| THREE |

"He's smiling... I'm melting."

Amelia finally got the guts to ask out Neil

Amelia finally got the guts to ask out Neil. You know, Neil as in one of your teammates? I had been waiting for this for a long time. She had liked him since last year and was just waiting for a chance.

Today she marched right up to his locker and demanded that he like her back and what do ya know? Amelia had a boyfriend.

Neil was sweet and kind and he was like an elder brother to me. I enjoyed his company and I was even happier for my best friend to have found someone who treated her so well.

I wished it was that easy with you, but I was too shy and you were too unobservant to think there was someone in the background waiting for you to turn around and see them. Amelia says it has something to do with popularity and ego but I think not.

I haven't really talked to you apart from that time you helped me, but you are a good person. I've seen you helping an old man cross the street when I was working in the Cafe. You even helped a kitten and brought the little critter to the vet. You have a good heart regardless of what anyone has to say.

Dad was home when I came back from work. School ended at two but I went and worked at the Cafe near the library to make sure I didn't come home to an empty house which was filled with laughter just a year back...

Anyways, imagine my shock when I stepped into the house to see my Dad passed out on the couch with a picture clutched against his chest. I slowly walked over and knelt next to his tall frame and observed him for the first time in months.

He had scant eye bags with wrinkles sprinkled across his face. He looked so much older and tired. My eyes flew on the frame and I slowly picked it out of his hand. It was an old picture from his bedside table - his wedding day photo.

A petite small woman was being held bridal style by a man who was swinging her around and they both had jubilant smiles gracing the sky. I missed those smiles so much.

One was eternally lost but the other was just grieving and I didn't know if I could ever see it again.

A little sob escaped me as I got up and fetched a blanket for my father. I heated up some ramen and quietly ate as I tried to focus on something else than my solitary life.

I wish I could tell you how I felt in person. I wish I could talk to you so you could tell me it's okay, but this is probably the most of what I'll ever be telling you...

 I wish I could talk to you so you could tell me it's okay, but this is probably the most of what I'll ever be telling you