| FIFTEEN |

"To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed." – Valerie Lombardo

Kayla was unreasonably angry today

Kayla was unreasonably angry today. I didn't know what in the world I had done to get her so winded up. She was glaring at me all through Mr. Clark's explanation of the Balkan Issue and World War I. 

When I asked her what happened she just scowled. Maybe she also loathed the  wars that lasted for so long?

Everyone to their own I guess.

Cedar Park was a little place of botany amidst the astir of town. Trees and shrubs dotted with multitude of berries and flowers lined the path to the fountain in the center. Spring was refusing to leave as the days ticked by to mid-May, nearly a month to June.

My birthday was also looming closer as was the upcoming dance. I took a seat near the fountain lined with ivy and small buds as I waited for your arrival.

Amelia almost had a heart attack when she heard that you had asked me to meet me somewhere outside of school. She was totally convinced it was a date but I just wasn't sure. I had been waiting for you for so long that the fact that you might actually want me seemed quite inane.

It hadn't even been a minute that you entered; your beautiful eyes scanning the benches, looking for me. I stood up and made my way to you just as you caught sight of me.

"Auriana," You said, almost whispering as I smiled back. "Damian."

"I thought you wouldn't have come," You admitted sheepishly. Then you slightly cocked your head to the side and stretched your hand, "May I?"

"What?" I asked breathlessly as you shifted closer to me, trapping me in a blissful fragrance of your cologne. It felt like a magical fairytale where the prince was about to whisk me away to the palace.

It felt that magical with you, Damian. You were my fairytale my dear prince.

"This," You grinned as you took my hand in yours; brushing my fingers with the slightest caress of a breeze. I held my breath in shock as electric impulses shot through my hand my neurones blaring, boy holding hands! Alert! Beeep!

Your hand was big and warm. Your hands were smooth and rough at the amen time, comforting and unsettling. Butterflies erupted in a flurry and your sweet smile had my knees go weak with helplessness. I couldn't believe that I was holding your hand.

"I always keep my promises," I mumbled answering the previous question, as I stared at those fingers of yours that were tightly linked to mine in a firm yet gentle hold. 

You chuckled as you shifted closer, your side brushing against mine gains t the spring breeze. We walked around the park and spoke of school and teachers and life. It felt surreal and I felt so damn happy. 

You revealed that you liked to chat with Ms. Griffin often and had noticed me sitting in the corner quite a few times. I was shocked at the new found information and demanded to know more but you just smiled secretly and shook your head.

"Hey," You started as we laid on the grass, staring at the deep sky that was changing its blue hue to a myriad of dusky colors of the sunset.

"Yes?"

"We have a game tomorrow night. I'm sure you've heard of it. I was thinking, will you come? And if you do, would you wear my jersey for me?" I turned to you, shocked at your words, wondering if it were a joke.

You stared back at me and I knew it couldn't possibly be a joke. Your face was normal apart from the little pucker in your lips that you got when you were nervous.

 You really wanted me to wear it! "Of course, it would be my honor Damian."

You smiled widely and we returned to gazing at the sky; a million thoughts in my head. A few seconds later, your hand came to rest on mine and once again we were holding hands, under the aureate glow of the setting sun.

And Damian? I never wanted to let go. I wanted to follow you to my happily ever after but you didn't call me...yet?

yet?