Chapter 1; Mystery breakfast, Over sized cockroach and moldy macaronni

Sometimes I wonder if I was mistakenly placed in the wrong family.

A normal teenage girl probably wakes up to the smell of pancakes and goes into the kitchen to find her normal family sitting around the breakfast table eating normal breakfast.

Sadly, I’m not a normal teenage girl and I do not have a normal family and normal breakfast doesn’t exist in this household

I sighed angrily, rubbing my forehead as I tried to ignore the agonizing groans coming from my pre-pubescent sister.

“Mom can you shut her up?” I asked, lazily pointing a finger at Laurel as she hit her head against the breakfast table.

My mother shook her head, placing her spoon beside her bowl.

“Your sister Laurel is in a very fragile state at the moment” She said, her voice holding its elegancy like it always did.

My mother has always been a very attractive, elegant woman. With her dark, sleek, black hair that cascaded down her shoulders and ended a bit above her waist. She had big amber eyes and her pale, smooth skin always made her look younger than she really was. She always wore long dresses and I don’t think I’ve ever seen my mother in a pair of jeans, ever since I was a child she always wore fancy dresses.

“Well can you get her to shut up?” My younger brother, Donovan snapped as she shoveled a spoonful of mom’s mystery breakfast goo. He quickly gagged and spit it back on his plate.

“Her constant groaning is causing me pain, and not the good kind” My other sister, Nefera muttered.

Nefera, Laurel and I came out looking exactly like our mother; Silky, long black hair with pale skin and big almond shaped amber eyes.

Donovan, well- he’s adopted.

“Now, now Laurel what seems to be the problem dear?” Our cleaning lady asked as she placed her feather duster down on the table and walked over to a now sobbing Laurel.

Nerita was our cleaning lady but we treated her like family. We gave her a room in the cellar and she eats all her meals with us and celebrated every holiday with us. We didn’t force her into the cellar, she just chose it.

I know, weird right?

Laurel lifted her pale face from the counter and wiped her tears.

“It’s Professor Seiko, he’s gone missing!” She said dramatically, waving her hands in the air.

My eyes snapped over to Nefera who had a faint smile on her lips.

Nefera only showed any emotion when she was getting into mischief, like now for example.

“Nefera darling, you don’t have anything to do with professor Seiko do you dear?” My father asked, placing his hands on the table.

Professor Seiko was Laurel’s pride and joy. This is very sad because he’s an abnormally large cockroach.

I know, I’m living with psychopaths.

“Maybe he got stepped on” Nefera spat, mischief glinting in her dark eyes.

Laurel gasped in horror.

“What did you do to him?” She yelled from across the long breakfast table.

 “Check Mr.Still’s garden” She mumbled, forking her mystery breakfast that began to change into a murky black color.

“You didn’t!” Laurel shrieked, getting up from her seat on the table.

“Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t” Nefera shrugged.

“YOU LITTLE, YOU LITTLE-“

“Now, now ladies. Mrs.Nerita may you please escort Laurel to Mr.Stills garden to retrieve Seiko. We’ll have a talk with Nefera” My father said calmly.