003

You and Kenma were still sat in the cafe it was currently 7:43pm

"Y/n?" Questioned Kenma

"Yes?" You replied

"Why doesn't the other girl know your our manger? Isn't she the captain for the girls volleyball club?" Asked Kenma

"Hmm oh, well I didn't tell Sora because she's my best friend that has been trying to get me to play with them on the team, and yes she is the captain." You said with an anxious tone.

"Oh..well are you gonna join?" He asked shyly

"Not completely against the idea of joining but I'm not really sure how to play..okay so maybe I know how to play but I need more practice.." You said with a bit of a ramble.

"Y/n I'm sure your an amazing player, and if you need help I..guess it wouldn't hurt if I helped out a little, I mean you always help me" Kenma stated quietly with serenity in his eyes,

"If I'm correct they are looking for a full time setter because one of their blockers are having to play as the setter?" Kenma asked wondering what part you'd play.

"Haha yeah I'd need to be the setter, which I'm not mad about! Mainly because I used to play as a setter in middle school." You said with a slight giggle.

"Oh well that's perfect!" Kenma said happily

"It is?" You asked with confusion.

"Yeah! Well duh, I'm a setter and you're gonna be a setter, So yes, this is perfect!" He smirked then his face turned to its usual stoic expression.

You were mesmerised by how he had changed his mood like you could with a push of a button.

"Oh yea haha" you sighed "I guess so, it is quite perfect then." You quickly added with a slight hint of nervousness.

Time skip

You had just arrived home from hanging out with kenma, but if you were being honest you only really fed him.

"Kaori!" You called waiting for a response.

"Ane!" Kaori came shouting and running through the hall. (Ane is used when calling your older sister, I think idk I googled it lmao)

"Hey, is..mum home?" You asked hoping she wasn't.

"Hmm? Oh no...mummy's not home, we should go shouldn't we?" Kaori replied.

Phew, you let out the breath you didn't know you were holding.

"Your right kaori, we should go." You say ushering her up the stairs.

Once you had gone upstairs with kaori you put her to bed since it was a little over nine, she was only six after all.

"Goodnight kaori" you whispered as you left her room and sighed knowing you were going to have to wait up for your delinquent mother.

You were sat on the couch reading fanfics or one of your favourite anime characters, when you suddenly heard a thud against your front door, you panicked, you were now stood slightly shaking until you heard,

"Mmmh hahaahaaaaaaa" and then a very loud grunt. Knowing it was your mother you went to open the door. Once opened you immediately fell it the ground, with something very unpleasant on top of you.

"Y/nnnn you fucking bitchhhhhh" she slurred "YOU ruined my liFE" she continued.

By this time you had dragged her to the couch, when she slapped you across the face.

"AH" you shrieked,  being caught of guard.
"GET OUtttttt" she screamed raising her hand again.

You did quickly stood and rushed over to the door, slipping your shoes on and grabbing an emergency bag, this wasn't the first time it's happened; you immediately left once you had taken some of your belongings.

It had been around twenty minutes since you had left, you were approaching a small shop. Once you had entered you went to the snack section knowing you'll be hungry sooner or later.

"Kuroo?" You questioned pondering why he has here at this hour.

"Hmm? Oh y/n!" He spun around to face you "What are you doing here?" He asked walking towards you.

"Oh umm I umm food?" You blurted out

"Uh what- well uhh, what's in the bag?" He asked pointing to your bag.

"Oh umm it's a overnight bag..but- haha never mind"

"Oh no no, y/n where are you going? Why do you need an overnight bag, if your staying elsewhere wouldn't the other person also be here?" Kuroo questioned worryingly.

"Well that's the thing..I have nowhere to go.." you half whispered.

"Oh..well you can stay at mine, but beware I'm currently having a sleepover with kenma, so he'll also be there" Kuroo stayed happily!

"Oh that's not a problem is it? I don't want to intrude!" You yelled raising both your hands shaking then to say it's alright.

"No no no y/n I'd be happy to have you over, we can watch movies, eat snacks AND tell scary stories, but knowing kenma we'll probably do none of that and end up playing video games all night." Kuroo said normally like he did this all the time..

Odd you thought

"Well alright then, where is kenma anyway?" You wondered.

"Kenmas in the freezer section, he wanted ice cream" he laughed

"Oh heheh, if I'm gonna share food with you guys I might aswell pay, so uh let me?" You said walking slightly closed to kuroo

"Nuh uh, you're my guest so I'm paying!" Kuroo said stepping back

"What Kuroo! It's only fair!" You yelled reaching for the food

" no!" He shouted, running away

"KUROO!!" You screamed running after him

After you had finally caught up to him he was hiding behind a very confused kenma.

A/n: this is the end of this chapter if there is any mistakes just be ware it's currently 1:28am and I need sleep but don't want it so umm yea :))