Chapter 2

So i've been writing TONS since last chapter when I got some feedback! I know the last chapter was reaallly short but it was kind of to leave you hanging. Anyways the story does get better so continue leaving comments and I will get back to all of you(: x

----------

"Shit." Scrambling with my car keys - I really needed a chain for them. Spilling my coffee all over my brand new jeans didn't help either. "Ugh!" I yell cleaning up the stained mess, alone in my car letting out a bit of anger was probably was good for someone like me.

I start the engine in the cold Minnesota air. I hated it here; too cold for winter, too hot in the summer. It has furious "weather mood swings" like that existed.

I put my car into drive and press the gas, jolting forward towards my house. I hated returning always afraid of what would be waiting for me.

"Mom?" I say stepping into the thresh hole of our home, a quiet place it was. Too fancy for an unfortunate girl like me. No reply. I thought, alone at last. I can't remember a time of not being yelled at, or not coming into my room seeing it being occupied already by a dozen random drunks.

I walk up the giant stairs leading into my room. It was the color of the afternoon sun - bright yellow. I took it into my own hands to paint it, make it more comfortable for me. Bringing me back to the times when my dad was still breathing and my mother was not a drugged drinker. My dad, It were the words in my own thoughts that hit me hardcore. I miss him each and everyday, he bright out the good in my mom if there were any left. She took away the pain by getting so drunk she wouldn't want to move for days on end. Sleeping with a bottle of beer and sleeping with strangers was her strange atttempt at forgetting the past. She knew she would never forget but would go to ends on earth to try anything.

I sit cross-legged on my soft queen sized bed and finally remember Troy. It's been about an hour and I really want to call.

-Will I sound desperate?

-Will he even want to talk to me?

Thoughts running in my over thinking brain.

 "It's way to soon Val." I think to myself. I shook the thought and pick up my iPhone. I pause for a moment. His name sounding perfect in my mind. I grab the starbucks cup and stare the number on the front of the cup accompanied by a casual smiley face and an "xoxo". I smile a bit, trying to shake his face out of my thoughts dialing the number slow, trying not to type it wrong.

Ring, Ring, Ring..

"Hello?" I hear Troy's voice through my phone.

"Hi, Troy it's Val." I try not to sound to uptight and boring.

"Oh yeah! The girl with the book. Do you want to hang out in about an hour? I have to take a shift at wo-" I cut him off. I've never been on a date before.

"That would be perfect." I say in return, I smile so big he can probably see it.

"See you then? And dress casual."

"K, bye."

I scream. I have to get ready. I look like a donkey's ass at the moment. Something has to be done.

I run into the bathroom and stare at the reflection. Woah, bird's nest hair is not in, It never will be.

I pull my long brown hair out of it's messy bun, and quickly hop into the shower. Scrubbing every inch of my body I make sure I am squeaky clean as I put shampoo into my hair, and soon conditioner.

I step out of the shower about 8 minutes later smelling of berries. My absolute favorite. Swooping my hair into another bun- those are kind of my thing. This time a casual bun, trying to make it look like I didn't try to hard. I knew I already was trying to hard.

Standing at my closet I pick out the perfect casual outfit; a thick lavender colored sweater, with black leggings, and my favorite studded combat boots. Looking in the mirror I approve of my outfit and trace my eyes back to my pale face. I almost shriek.

"Makeup!" I yell. Running back into the bathroom I apply very little makeup carefully trying not to mess up at the last moment. I feel impressed, I look pretty good. Actually better than usual. Stepping back down the unusually large stairs grabbing my phone and car keys ready to step out of the door leading to a day of happiness, I stop.

"Where do you think your going?"

I turn to see the person I was so desperately trying to avoid.

"Out." I say grabbing my phone and shoving it deep into my purse.

"That's right out."My mother said stroking the small couch in the center of our small living room. "What do you mean?" I say politely.

"Get out of my house. I'm kicking you out." These words struck me. I can't handle this right now.

"You can't!" I scream, you can hear the desperation in my voice. I had about 5 months in the school year than off the college. I cannot afford to be kicked out of my own home. None the less wanted too.

I realize I am 18, and unfortunately not ready to live on my own. Even through the kicking ,screaming, and hitting I stayed. Through the 'coming-home-and-finding-strangers-in-my-bed' I stayed.

If anything this was it, the only home I ever knew.

"Please. Mom. Give me at least a week. I know dad has died, but please! I am still in high school. In about a week I will be ready to leave, never see me again!" I try so hard to keep my tears back.

"Fine. A week. I don't care where you go just leave. Now shut up, I'm having a party tonight so just stay with a friend or something. Whoever the hell that may be." She says.

I have a week left with my abusing mother. I am happy, yet depressed. I would never have the money to get a decent place in a WEEK. I would have to work my ass of non-stop. I sigh, sighing became a habit now-a-days. I leave my house with a smile, I have a plan. But first off to meet Troy, the cute boy who found me interesting. I liked that. Despite my argument with my mother, I feel tempted to smile. I don't hold back and put the largest smile on my face. She can't bring me down, it's sad that she thinks kicking me out will do anything but make me independent. - Even more so. 

-----

I made this chapter a bit short, but kind of a cliffhanger (: . Imagine being kicked out at 18 in the middle of high school yikes! Don't forget to leave feedback, I love it!

I will update soon, finals all week :P k, see ya! <3