Chapter 1

"What do you think?" Branch asked enthusiastically, as he and Poppy walked into a large, abandoned building off on the far edges of Trollstopia. "I can build the printing press and put it right there," he explained, pointing to an empty space. "And the writer's offices could go there."

"I love it!" Poppy squealed, looking around the large empty room. "It's perfect! How did you get this place?"

"Well..." Branch started, his smile fading slightly as he looked away from Poppy. "It took a lot of hugs. A lot of hugs..." He shuttered at the memory, before looking back at his best friend with a small smile. "But it was worth it to see your beautiful smile..."

     "Awwwww! Branchie!" Poppy squealed in overwhelming excitement, quickly sweeping Branch into a tight hug. "You're the best!"

     Branch blushed slightly, a small smile creeping onto his face before he finally hugged her back, thinking about how lucky he was to have her in his life

     "So..." he finally said, pulling away from the hug, but keeping her hands firmly but gently in his. "Should I start building?"

     "Hair, yes!" Poppy yelled, jumping up and down slightly. "The Fabloid was you're greatest idea yet! Finally trolls can get the recognition they deserve for their good deeds!"

     "Well... we still need writers..." Branch said, his usual pessimistic, bunker dwelling introllvert voice of decent kicking in. "And I need my tools... and metal... lots of metal. And Gary... though just between you and me..." He looked around for a moment to make sure no one else was listening. "He doesn't always give 100%," he finally continued in a whisper. "And I'll need a box a penny sinkers, and..."

     "Ok, Branch..." Poppy interrupted, glaring at her friend in a slightly annoyed way. "I get it..."

      "Ha... ha... right..." Branch laughed, smiling innocently as he nervously rubbed the back of his head. "Force of habit... I still gotta work on that..."

     "Don't work too hard," Poppy said, booping Branch's nose lightly, giving him a somewhat flirty smile. "I think you're perfect just the way you are."

     She kissed his cheek, Branch giggling cutely as he smiled at her, seeming to melt with the feeling of it.

     "I'm gonna go find some writers for the Fabloid, while you get to work on that printing press. Ok, Branch?"

     Completely speechless, Branch could only nod, continuing to smile like a dork, as he watched Poppy skip out of the building, humming softly to herself.

     Seriously... how did he get so lucky... 🥰