Chapter 3

"I said I didn't wanna light up... light up! So turn the radio down," Branch sang softly, hammering nails and cutting wood as he worked hard on getting the large space ready for the new Trollstopia news paper. "Maybe I was in denial... But I've changed a little... I'm in luck, I'm in luck, I'm in luck... 'cause we're together now. Never stop looking up, if it's love, don't need to mess around. Together now!"

     Poppy and Val walked in, the blueish-purple rock troll immediately beginning to snicker quietly to herself as she watched Branch dancing around the room, singing to softly himself.

     "Looking up, looking up, looking up, don't need to look around... 'cause I know..." Branch sang loudly, beginning to twirl around the room joyfully, unaware he was currently being watched. "I'm in luck, I'm in luck, I'm in luck, 'cause we're together now. Together now!"

     "Hard to believe he went more than twenty years without singing even a single note," Val joked, elbowing Poppy softly.

     Branch jumped at the sound of the sudden voice, quickly spinning around to see the two girls standing behind him.

     "Oh... I uh... I didn't hear you guys come in..." he muttered softly, nervously rubbing the back of his head, somewhat embarrassed to have been caught in one of his happy moods.

     It wasn't that uncommon for the formally grey troll to have overwhelming bursts of joy anymore, but he still tried to keep that part of himself in check. Especially around others. Poppy sure was starting to rub off on him though...

     "That's cuz you were too busy singing at the top of your lungs while thinking about yo girl," Val joked with a short laugh. "When are you gonna put a ring on it?"

     Both Poppy and Branch blushed fiercely at Val's words, looking away from each other in embarrassment.

     Believe it or not... Branch had actually been considering the idea for a while now, even going as far as sketching out his proposal. Unfortunately... all his drawings ended with Poppy leaving forever... he just couldn't risk that... he loved her way too much to lose her...

     "So, Poppy..." Branch finally said, trying to change the subject. "Did you find anyone to help with the Fabloid?"

     "Uh... hello!? Are you blind, dorkzilla?" Val said, waving her hands through the air mockingly. "I'm standing literally right in front of you."

     Branch raised an eyebrow, looking at Val in slight confusion.

     "You want to help with our news paper?" he questioned. "It just... doesn't really seem like your style."

     He lifted his arm, a chocolate chip cookie suddenly in his hand, ready to be eaten, as he took a bite of it, the smallest snicker being heard from behind him.

     "I'm like an onion, Branch," Val said, smirking at the light blue pop troll. "You know why?"
"Cuz you both stink..." Branch snickered, finishing his 'mystery' cookie before getting back to work on the printing press.

     "Yes," Val responded, not realizing what Branch had just said. "Wait... No!"

     Branch rolled his eyes, chuckling quietly as he hammered a few nails into his latest creation.