Together

Who? : C!Dream x (They/them) reader

Type : Angst

Word count : 1,611

I'm proud of you!! <3

--------------------------------------------

I often think about what

I could have done

differently.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" you questioned Dream. He was telling you about the planned attack on L'manburg him, Technoblade and Phil were planning. Sure, you didn't like the nation having seen how it changed all your friends and ruined friendships, but going as far as to destroy the whole nation and possibly killing your old friends? That didn't seem worth it. You looked up at him, getting a scoff in return. "If you can't do it just tell me." he huffed, he had other people he could probably get to help him out. "Dream, I couldn't possibly hurt people! There's sure other ways!" You tried to argue while he got up and grabbed his sword before glancing at you. "There's no other way. Talk me again once you've toughened up, you're weak and I don't need that on my side." he admitted bluntly as your heart dropped, watching him walk out the door.

-----------

but in all honesty,

You sat on the hill, letting the breeze blow gently as you made flower crowns using the cornflowers that surrounded you. It had been around two weeks since you and Dream last spoke. He hadn't been back to you and there were rumours going around that Wilbur and Dream had been seen talking about something the pair of them both smiling and laughing. You only came to this spot when you were in need of a break - a place to forget about everything for a while. You longed to go back to the old days. You missed when it was you, Dream, George and Sapnap just having fun and building. Running around with Tommy and Tubbo, doing nothing and just enjoying hanging out with friends. Now, all of them barely spoke to Dream, refusing to speak to anyone who was on the other side or from the other nation.

"Y/n?" a weak voice called from behind. You couldn't work out who it was, but it was for sure a familiar voice, one you had heard many times. You turned around, your eyes setting on the blonde-haired boy as your mouth opened slightly. "Oh Tommy..." you whispered as he hugged you, almost clinging onto you for dear life. He had never looked like this before, his clothes torn and cuts and scars on his arms and knees and hands. The jolly smile he once always wore now replaced by a frown of fear. You held him tightly, wiping his tears away as they rolled non-stop down his cheeks. You knew if Dream saw he was going to go mental, but at this very point in time, you didn't care. The sixteen-year-old boy, traumatised in front of you, clinging on to you as if something was going to take him away mattered more than that smiling mother fucker.

"Come on Toms, let's go get you cleaned up and in better clothes."

---------------------

I think I was fighting a

losing battle.

"I told you multiple times before, do. not. go. near. them!" Dream shouted as you stared at the ground, refusing to look at the monster in front of you. "What was I supposed to do! He was clearly shaken up! Would you want me to just leave you out there if that was you?" you defended as you held back your tears. He had only just caught you helping Tommy as he left your home in better clothes that Dream had last seen him in and all his cuts tended to. "I don't know what has gotten into you Dream." you started as you glared at the taller male in front of you. "But this is not the same Dream I met, and I can't keep doing this. This isn't the you that I fell in love with! I refuse to just sit back and let you manipulate and just use those who were and still are my friends!" you admitted as the tears now rolled down your cheeks and your voice cracked.

"I'm sorry, y/n/n. I'll stop, I promise." he apologised, wrapping his arms around you. "If you want me to, I'll stop. I love you more than anyone in the world." he said, guilt tripping you. He liked the fact you were so smart sometimes, it made him have to up his game and improve his acting skills. For someone who could easily see how he manipulated others, it was a miracle how you couldn't see he was doing the same to you. He didn't love you; he didn't care about you. He just needed you wrapped around his finger until he could finally get rid of you, his only threat. And until then, he was going to carry the act on.

-------------

somewhere along the

lines,

Sapnap ran a finger through his hair as he let out a sigh of frustration "We're just looking out for you!" he defended himself as you laughed. "I appreciate the thought Sapnap, believe me, I truly do. However, he loves me and I love him. He would never use me as he truly cares for me, unlike the others." you laughed as he looked at you with sad eyes. He cared about you, deeply and watching you be blinded by love was painful. You were so blind by love; you couldn't even realise you were just another puppet to him. "Just...watch yourself, please?" he requested as you rolled your eyes. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. He wouldn't use me, you're just paranoid" you insisted as he ignored the last bit. Oh, how naïve you were, no wonder he chose you.

---------------------------

you and I both knew.

"It'll be okay." Dream comforted as he held your hand, your head resting on his shoulder. The planned attack was happening tomorrow but as far as you knew, they were going to talk to them and if there were no agreements or refusals they were going to fight - not true at all. The tnt was still going ahead and the withers but you definitely didn't need to know that so he kept that bit out, keeping it to himself and the others who were involved. You pressed a delicate kiss to his cheek as you hugged his side. "I love you Dream." you whispered as he smirked. "I love you too, my prince/princess." he lied. He had you right where he needed you for tomorrow and after that all his threats would be gone, and there would be no one to protect poor, poor Tommy.

----------------------------

we weren't going to

make it out of this crazy

world together.

"TOMMY! RUN!" you shouted as he looked at you, unsure. "I can't just leave you here by yourself." he stated as you shook your head. You passed him your backup netherite armour, your netherite sword and a book. "Read it later." you told him as he nodded and sent one last glance your way. "Thank you Y/n. Stay safe!" he called before he scrambled to his feet, taking the time you gave him to run away. "Well, well, well, if it isn't little Y/n." Techno smirked as you got to your feet and held your sword out. "Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you or anything, that's not for me to do." he started as you looked at him confused. "In fact, here he is now, it was nice knowing you." he responded in monotone as he moved to a different part of the nation and the figure in front of you got closer.

Your grip on your sword loosened as you registered who was in front of you. "Dream..." you mumbled as he smirked. He took a few steps towards you, you taking an equal amount back. "Oh Y/n/n. So innocent, so naïve." he teased as you shook your head. "You...you promised me! You told me there wouldn't be any of this!" you shouted as he laughed. "And you really thought I was going to listen? I would follow you? No. This is my world, I decide what nations are formed and this one need to go. As well as you." he stated as you backed away from him.

"You're a threat. Every little thing I do, every step I make in my plan gets me closer and closer to what I need. Until you come and get in the way. Every. Single. Time." he continued. "Well, lucky for me, that's coming to an end. We can't both be in this world together, it's not possible. That's why it's time for you to go." he grinned as he moved his sword forward to hit you. You dodged in time, your sword clashing with his. You knew this was coming. The book you gave Tommy? That was your will. You knew it was a game, what fun would it be if you didn't play along. "I know your plan Dream. Just do it." you huffed as you fought back, blocking all his moves. He shook his head and grinned at you. "It wouldn't be fun if I did it straight away!" he cheered as he continued trying to strike you.

You managed to him hard enough his mask came loose as he hurried to fix it, even more mad at you than he was. You had done it now. He struck you, stabbing you in the side as you were blocking the front. You collapsed to your knees; your clothes now soaked blood red. "Y/n!" You heard Tommy shout, your vision now going blurry as Tommy shouted at Dream to get away. Dream smirked and kissed your forehead.

"Have fun being stuck in limbo, my love."