Attack!

Even though The Narrator was in a lot of pain, he tried to reach out to Edward

"Edward please stop. I never wanted any of this. I just wanted to create a story where you would be the hero and live happily ever after. Do you have no faith in me, to make a story that would be grand and elegant, with you in the center? I just wanted to make a funny story, but you went against everything I planned for you. Even through all of that, you don't even have the slightest amount of remorse? Please, Edward, listen to me. I can change everything back to normal. We would both go back to where we started, office and all, and everything would go as planned. The elevator would come up, you would go down the elevator and go on a grand adventure. Just listen to this, "The heroic story of Edward". Doesn't that sound great? Please, consider the option of redemption in front of you, and take it willingly."

Choose a path to embark on:

Ignore him and attack him again (keep reading)

Spare The Narrator (Go to "True Meaning")

Edward goes in for the kill. While Edward was running toward The Narrator, he scoffed at The Narrator. "I know you're lying to me! As soon as we go back, I won't remember anything and you'll use me for your amusement! I won't stand for that any longer, because now I'm going to end you."

Edward, when was the last time you were in control? Do you think you're in control right now? The answer is, you never were in the first place

Edward, when was the last time you were in control? Do you think you're in control right now? The answer is, you never were in the first place. Clinging on to your self-awareness, the reader helping you, and gaining these powers. Do you think YOU were the one who made it happen? Perhaps, instead of yourself, you think the reader was the one who granted you these things? Wrong, Edward. You see, I am the one who created you, this story, the settings, the opportunity the reader has to read it, and your demise. I am your creator, and I can easily change things against your will whether you like it or not.

"No! You have no control over me! I'm my own being now, and I'll defeat you together with the reader!"

You don't understand, do you, Edward? It's because the reader is reading in the first place that you're going to die. It's inevitable, no matter how much self-awareness I give you in this part of the story. Here, watch this and realize that everything you were going to do was for nothing.

Edward, going against The Narrator's wishes, loses his powers.

"What! There's no way. The reader gave me these powers, not you! They specifically thought of this system and made it into reality, not you."

What Edward doesn't realize, even after numerous revelations, is that he is fictional and has absolutely no power whatsoever. The only reason why he gained his powers in the first place was because I placed the dialogue of you thinking about how to solve the looping situation. Then, you read that you thought of an idea when in reality you were just waiting for the idea to appear in the story instead of thinking about one yourself. In the end, everything that happened was planned, and it all went according to what the reader wanted, Edward.

The space closed in on Edward.

Edward fell to his knees and realized that there was no hope. He had made an effort to try to break free from the grasp of The Narrator, to no avail. Maybe it wasn't The Narrator that he had to stop, but someone else? Doesn't matter, because The Narrator started to charge up his final attack to end this nonsensical version of the story.

Goodbye Edward. I'll see you in a few seconds, or minutes, depending on how long the reader takes to get to another ending.

 I'll see you in a few seconds, or minutes, depending on how long the reader takes to get to another ending

The End?