Chapter 1 - Tug tug

Lilith

"The world started out as a grape, and it's slowly turning into a raisin."

That was a quote that had been stuck in my head since I walked into Mythology, one of my high school's electives, over an hour ago. It was August 19, 11:50 AM.

We were studying Greek Mythology and Zeus. He was a bitch, but my teacher made

"If any one of you guys can name all of Zeus' siblings and his relationship with at least one, I'll let you out 30 minutes before class ends." My teacher offered.

Of course I could answer, but I didn't wanna talk. I didn't even need to take this class, I was just doing it because it was an easy A.

The people here were disappointing, they made me lose hope in humanity. I was very disappointed in what the world had become.

The guy in front of me, Harry, raised his hand and the teacher called on him.

Harry dropped his arm and glanced to his right, then back to the front of the room.

"Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot, and biggest idiot."

"Okay, Mr. Commons, turn down the fake bad boy persona, because, frankly, it's boring."

"Yeah, and Zeus only has four siblings, not five." A deep, husky voice stated out of nowhere.

By the door stood a tall and hot figure, at least six feet. He was a bit thin, but his arms were toned and muscular.

He had on a dark grey t-shirt with black ripped jeans and a black belt, held up by a silver buckle. Over his shoulder was a black coat. His hair was black and messy. It almost covered his light eyes-I couldn't see the exact color from that far.

He had serious eye bags, but they put his whole aesthetic together. His skin was pale. He had the dream girl nose. His lips were beaten up, along with a few bruises around his face.

I knew exactly who he was.

London De la Croix.

"See, Harry, this is a bad boy." Our teacher said, nervously smiling.

He wasn't wrong, London was the bad boy of the school. London was a senior, the scariest one you'd come across. He held his head down low, he wore dark colors, he got into fights, always had bruises, and was overall mysterious.

London gets caught doing the most brutal shit, like smoking weed in the halls and breaking bones in fist fights. No one knows why he hasn't been suspended yet.

The teachers were scared of him. The principal didn't make eye contact with him. The security at school obeyed him. He was god here.

"Zeus has four siblings," London started, "and, in order of birth, plus pre-eaten, they are Hestia, Hades, Demeter, Poseidon, and then Hera.

"Post eaten, their birth orders were completely reversed, so it goes Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Hades, and then Hestia.

"Zeus was the youngest before his siblings were eaten by their father. However, he was hidden until he grew up, and then forced his father to release them. Zeus was then, and still is now, the oldest."

"Thank you, Mr. De la Croix." The teacher nodded, "would you like to take a seat?"

London scanned the room and then laid his eyes on me. He squinted a bit.

I froze in place. My stomach turned and I was basically shitting myself.

What the fuck is happening?