Chapter three (1)

This is where it starts getting good.

I am following season 3, but this is a crucial and long chapter which is why it's split.

It's been three hours since the scouts have arrived at Trost. They were going to leave during sunset that way they could get past the titans at their weakest states.

While the higher ups were talking the cadets were tacking up their horses and preparing them for battle and lifting them over the wall.

"Hey, Eren." Jean sings out, tapping Eren on his shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"Hey you." Eren replied turning away from facing Mikasa and Armin then facing the other boy starting to smile, sure Eren was worried about what was to come but, seeing Jean, and hearing his voice calmed him.

"I got this for you," Jean says, pulling out a bracelet from his pockets. It was a simple bracelet with a charm that he recalled the sales person saying was the Yin and Yang, but on the back of it read, 'you will forever be my always.' "It's supposed to be a good luck charm, and to let you know I've always got your back no matter what."

Eren stared at the bracelet. The quietness from Eren started to make Jean internally panic. "You don't have to wear it! I get that it's probably stupid anyways." Jean nervously smiles scratching the back of his neck.

"No no, I love it," Eren yells out almost immediately, "I'll never take it off. Back off." Eren then quickly puts on the bracelet.

Armin and Mikasa looked at each other, they both internally 'oooo'd' and 'awwww'd' at the two boys.

The four Scouts suddenly turned and faced the same direction when they heard someone approach them, it was Hange.

"Alright everyone, get your horses and get them over to the lifts. It's ass kicking time."

------

As the horses got raised over the walls and began to get lowered on the other side the people were actually cheering for them and waving them off. Eren looked over at Sasha, Connie, and Jean who seemed to be enjoying this and waving back. Eren kept his eyes on Jean for a while to make sure he was gonna be okay, he was reassured when Jean looked over and winked at him, he seemed pretty confident but Eren was worried about Jean's safety. He couldn't lose anyone else, especially Jean.

Once all the horses were lowered to the other side of the wall everyone started mounting, and waiting for Commander Erwin's orders.

"Scouts, move out!" The Commander yelled. All the soldiers yelled out in response and the journey for the retake of Wall Maria, has begun.

-----

The sun had finally set about almost two hours later, they had planned this perfectly as titans are out of energy around night time so they could safely walk on foot and get past them. Eren kept looking back to try to find Jean, the two had only been dating for a few days but already Eren is as protective as ever, if it was up to him Jean wouldn't even be at the retake, he'd be with Historia, safe in the castle.

Eren was pulled out of his thoughts when a soldier ahead tripped. He then heard Captain Levi talking to another soldier, and it turns out they weren't that far away, once they got over the mountain, Shiganshina will be close by to them.

Jean looked around the surroundings of the forest they were all in when something caught his eye. "Titan on the left!"

Eren wanted to grab Jean from being too close to the Titan but he was quickly stopped by Mikasa standing in front of him.