twenty six

"doves with red strings tied around them, symbolize soulmates" mrs. lee answered. "so, does that mean choonhee was my soulmate ?" taehyun interrogated. she did not answer, instead, she told him to pick another card.

taehyun picked out the card, which was placed in the middle. without seeing what's written, mrs. lee quickly took it. "oh.." she frowned, when she take a look at the card. "oh no" she repeated.

"what's wrong ?" taehyun asked, nervously. mrs. lee tilted the card, it was a picture of two doves, with red strings tied around them, but it wasn't similar to the card before, the other dove has blood around it's wings, and it's feathers.

"wha- what does it mean miss ?" he asked, smiling nervously. "your soulmate has belong to the heavens. she is waiting for you" she cooed.
"uh..what do you mean ?" taehyun let out a nervous chuckle.

"doves are lifetime mates. just like soulmates. when the partner died, the other one sacrificed. doves are faithful to their love ones, unlike us, humans" mrs. lee said, with a tired voice.

"does that mean i need to sacrifice too ?" taehyun asked.
"no" she said.
"okay then ! what problems are there haha" he laughed in relief.
"BUT. you have to stop loving your girlfriend, the one you're currently dating" she said.
"but why ?" he asked.

"have you forgotten ?" she asked, monotonously. "how soulmates actually work ?" she said.
taehyun do not believe it. no matter how many times people will say it's true. he did not want to admit it.

"if you ignore the fate, remember, you're just putting her in danger, and, you" mrs. lee said, before a frustrated taehyun left the house.